PLEASE NOTE THIS INTERNSHIP IS AN OPPORTUNITY WITH A CAREER EDGE EMPLOYER PARTNER IN THE AV SPACE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General HR administrative include:
- Employee correspondence, generating monthly/annual reports, employment verifications, HR analytics, etc.
- Supporting the Disability Management program, including: workplace injury claims (WSIB) process, short-term disability (STD) process, long-term disability (LTD) process and workplace accommodation cases.
- Supporting JHSC and Health & Safety programs and Health & Safety reporting
- Recruitment Support for hourly roles
- Managing employee onboarding process
- Track vacation, update employee database
- Benefits administration and enrollment
- Maintain employee filing systems
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Intermediate experience in similar HR role. This role will entail HR administrative work, recruitment, HSE, WSIB and Onboarding.
- Comfort in a manual environment as organization strives towards automation of our processes and systems.
- Computer Skills – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Educational background: HR or Business Admin
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional administrative and self-management abilities
- Detail-oriented and ability to complete tasks quickly and effectively