At Career Edge, our mission is to help recent graduates, skilled newcomers and persons with disabilities launch their careers through a paid internship model. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is at the heart of what we do and we are looking for a Talent Specialist who believes in cultivating an inclusive recruitment process to join our team.
As a Talent Specialist you will be responsible for sourcing and recruiting skilled newcomers, recent graduates and persons with disabilities. You will be involved with supporting all stakeholders of Career Edge including program registrants, community partner organizations and host employers. The role will require a broad range of recruitment coordination activities, interdepartmental collaboration, and the ability to take ownership of our daily responsibilities. The Talent Specialist is an integral contributor to the success of the Career Edge program and will report to the VP of Finance and Operations.
- Monitor and track the progress of recruitment activities and communicate updates with relevant team members
- Conduct internal searches utilizing Career Edge’s proprietary Applicant Tracking System to find suitable registrant profiles for internship opportunities
- Support employer partners through recruitment coordination activities including but not limited to: creating shortlists, scheduling interviews, conducting background and reference checks, and offer letter creations
- Ensure equitable and inclusive recruitment practices while screening applicant resumes and cover letters
- Collaborate with Client Services team to identify and post suitable internship placement opportunities
- Review supporting documentation submitted by program applicants to verify program eligibility requirements
- Respond to public and stakeholder inquiries about Career Edge and registration processes
- Refer program applicants to employment support-related organizations as required
- Provide support and guidance to Interns on assignment through check-ins during the duration of the internship
- Provide support to our Client Services team by following up with employer leads and setting up meetings to secure paid internship opportunities
- Participate and represent Career Edge at community partner events ranging from delivering presentations to attending job fairs and university fairs
- Take part in ongoing or ad-hoc projects, and professional development sessions
- Provide input during staff meetings and generate ideas to support the continuous enhancement and evolution of existing processes and tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of recruitment experience preferred
- Ability to connect with individuals from equity seeking groups looking to launch their careers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with an applicant tracking system valued but not required
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
Please address your cover letter to Mr. Kyle Gray.
Research shows that applicants who are female, non-binary or BIPOC are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel completely qualified for. We encourage anyone who is interested to apply.
Career Edge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is at the heart of what we do, and we celebrate, support and recognize the importance of inclusion. Career Edge does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as an individual with a disability or any other category protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs