The Humphrey Group is a leadership communication firm solely focused on helping our clients lead every time they communicate. Using our methodology, we deliver communication training and consulting services to thousands of executives, managers, and professionals. Our programs help clients inspire action in a variety of situations: from formal talks and presentations, to meetings, phone calls and Q&As.
Over the last 30 years, we’ve worked with clients in leading organizations around the world, including Fortune 500 companies, governments, not-for-profits, and entrepreneurial start-ups. We’ve delivered our training in over 15 countries, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, China, Japan, and India.
Our offices are located in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, and Mexico City.
We’re looking for a friendly, proactive, and detail-focused person to join our team in Toronto as Administrative Coordinator. This is a 13 month contract position to fill a maternity leave. We’re a growing company so there is potential for a permanent position at the end of the contract.
The Administrative Coordinator is the first point of contact for clients and visitors at our office. This person provides essential administrative support to our CEO and management team, as well as in the areas of accounting, IT, and contract management, as well as providing reception and general office support. Specific duties include:
- Reception duties, such as greeting clients and managing mail and couriers.
- Answering phones, responding to inquiries, and directing calls.
- Forwarding correspondence to the appropriate parties.
- Managing the calendars of our CEO and management team by proactively scheduling meetings and phone calls.
- Coordinating management team meetings and events.
- Managing or participating in company event planning.
- Supporting the accounting function by entering bills into Hubdoc and Quickbooks, getting cheques signed, and mailing payments.
- Managing the production logistics for our CEO’s podcast called “Inspire.”
- Managing the appearance and functionality of common spaces (reception area, boardrooms and kitchen).
- Ownership of ordering office supplies, equipment, groceries and catering.
- Supporting course coordination by preparing course materials and coordinating delivery.
- Proofreading and formatting collateral and other documents.
- Managing our contract database.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- As our Administrative Coordinator, you possess a set of attitudes, skills and capabilities that will enable you to deliver outstanding support to our team and to our clients.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to communicate effectively and build relationships with your team members, senior leaders, clients, and vendors. You are hardworking, dependable and trustworthy. You project a polished, professional appearance and are a warm and welcoming first contact to all clients, vendors and guests.
- You have an unflappable disposition and thrive in a fast-paced environment. With many projects on the go at one time, your strong organizational skills enable you to prioritize with intent. You can maneuver changing priorities in order to provide exceptional support to the team.
- You embody our value of collaboration, and yet can work independently with minimal supervision. You enjoy contributing to different teams in the company, and are willing to take on any task. You share the firm’s passion for leadership, communication and professional development.
- You have a diploma or degree in any discipline, and one years’ experience in an administrative role. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with InDesign and/or Quickbooks, and a track record of providing exceptional support and customer service.
- The Administrative Coordinator is a valuable member of our energetic, passionate and diverse team. We offer competitive salary and extended health benefits.