About Munich Re
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with approximately 45,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. As an industry leader, we provide a unique opportunity to be part of a global success story. We offer our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, innovation and passion; and rewards top performers with a highly competitive total rewards package.
Reinsurance Operations (RO) is an integral part of Munich Re; responsible for the end-to-end processing of Life and Living Benefits treaties (reinsurance contracts with ceding companies) and corresponding client data. As a vital member of the team, joining our Center of Excellence (COE); the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring reinsurance data on assigned client accounts is processed with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
As the Data Analyst, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to) all the following areas:
- Using a Business Process Management tool, updates business rules/logic to translate complex client data, through analysis of data, product specifications, and treaty parameters. Understands the different data streams for a transaction data, claims, retro, and billing data.
- Ensures translated client data meets minimum data requirements and Munich Re Quality Control standards for accurate interpretation and processing to the Corporate Administration System.
- Accurately maps client plan codes to correct Treaty and plan.
- Conducts comprehensive data integrity testing to ensure expected results are released to production.
- Determines resolution of records that failed validations through root cause analysis, develops and follows through on a plan of action for correction. Identifies and escalates financial impacts or business risks to Management.
- Ensures cessions fall within treaty and underwriting limits.
- Assists business partners, (Corporate, Pricing, Underwriting, Claims, and Finance) with data inquiries using basic SQL queries to extract, analyze, and distribute accurate data.
As the Data Analyst with RO, you must demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, synthesize and implement timely and accurate solutions, and be able to effectively explain concepts to others. You’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic and drive to innovate and make an impactful contribution to the team. Specifically, we’re looking for the following qualifications:
- University Degree and at least 1-2 years of applicable experience
- Proficient in programming languages, prior SQL experience is mandatory; working knowledge of Python and VBA is an asset
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Outlook etc); working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Power BI is an asset
- Basic understanding of database structures
- Able to resolve routine problems. Progressing towards resolving non routine issues and data related problems
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of customers and acts with customers in mind
- Previous insurance experience (including LOMA) is an asset