*****THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION (PERMANENT, FULL-TIME OPENING)*****
Data Analyst, Reinsurance Operations
Our North American Life & Health business is seeking Data Analysts to join our Toronto-based Reinsurance Operations team.
Reinsurance Operations (RO) is an integral part of Munich Re; responsible for the end-to-end processing of Life and Living Benefits treaties (reinsurance contracts with ceding companies) and corresponding client data.
As a Data Analyst, you will be a vital member of the team, joining our Center of Excellence (COE), and be responsible for ensuring reinsurance data on assigned client accounts is processed with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
Based on a combination of past skills and experience, the Data Analysts will be assigned to join a specific group within RO.
This opportunity encompasses a variety of responsibilities and oversight, including but not limited to the following:
• Using Business Process Management tools to update business rules/logic, translate complex client data, and build file management processes. Understanding the different data streams for transaction, inforce, claims, retro, and billing.
• Ensuring data meets Munich Re Quality Control standards for reliable and lasting solutions.
• Conducting comprehensive data integrity testing to ensure expected results are released to production.
• Assisting business partners (Data Processing, Corporate, Pricing, Underwriting, Claims, and Finance) with inquiries using basic SQL queries to extract, analyze, and distribute accurate data.
Additional responsibilities specific to the group assigned will include:
Data Engineering group:
• Analyzing the data, product specifications, and treaty parameters.
• Accurately mapping client plan codes to correct Treaty and plan.
• Determining resolution of records that failed validations through root cause analysis, developing and following through on a plan of action for correction. Identifying and escalating financial impacts or business risks to Management.
• Ensuring cessions fall within treaty and underwriting limits.
Digital Transformation group:
• Developing innovative solutions for unstructured data including the use of digitization tools.
• Determining resolutions for production issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
As the Data Analyst with RO, you demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, synthesize and implement timely and accurate solutions, and be able to effectively explain concepts to others. You’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic and drive to innovate and make an impactful contribution to the team.
In addition, we’re looking for the following qualifications:
• University Degree and at least 1 year of applicable experience.
• Proficient in programming languages:
o Prior SQL experience is mandatory.
o Prior Python experience is mandatory for Digital Transformation, otherwise an asset.
o Working knowledge of VBA is an asset.
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Outlook etc); working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Power BI is an asset.
• Basic understanding of database structures. Prior ETL experience is mandatory.
• Able to resolve routine problems. Progressing towards resolving non routine issues and data related problems.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
• Dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of customers and acting with customers in mind.
• Previous insurance experience (including LOMA) is an asset.
Please note it is a requirement to apply through Munich Reinsurance's job board as well. Passthrough application link is:
Within the questionnaire we ask “How did you FIRST hear about this opportunity?”, please select ‘Other’ and manually enter Career Edge.
Together, we engage with everything we have and are, to help humankind act braver and better.
As the world’s leading reinsurance company with more than 40,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into manageable risk, we enable fundamental change. We recognize Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging as a key priority with a culture that welcomes different thoughts and opinions. We dare to think big and are continuously innovating on behalf of our clients.
Our data, our technology, and our teams place us in a unique position to drive transformative change in the life insurance industry. We invest strategically in our world class talent, offering our employees a work experience that promotes professional development, innovation, and rewards high performance.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly.
We thank all candidates for their interest.