* IF YOU HAVE APPLIED DIRECTLY TO RICOH CANADA IN THE PAST YEAR. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSTING. *
As a Business Consultant at Ricoh you will shift between Agile/SCRUM or traditional software delivery methodologies to develop new/existing products, their upgrades, improve processes and other initiatives, as needed. In summary, our goal is to create solutions that promote productivity, quality and innovation across Ricoh.
You will work closely with product managers, product owners, business stakeholders, sponsors to ensure you are able to translate business needs into user stories and requirements, as well as agile team member by crafting and supporting the product backlog or assist in testing, deployment, and post launch phases. You will play multiple roles as product owner, BA, QA, SCRUM master, or team member for Agile/SCRUM team. You will be responsible for delivering various project related artifacts throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Business Consultant you will need to have:
- Strong understanding of the complete software development life-cycle
- Hands-on experience in business analysis and project management.
- Ability to partner with executive management team, Business Leaders, Project Managers, Developers, and external stakeholders to assess and improve current business processes
- Practical knowledge of Agile/Scrum.
- Requirement gathering and time management experience is critical.
- Collaborate with domain experts, business and technology stakeholders, product owners, sponsors, both internal and external customers (end-users) as required for various products
- You will elicit, define, analyze, synthesize and breakdown the requirements into meaning user stories/backlog items for the development team
- You will visualize the bigger picture, the organization’s impact/risk of having or not having a solution to the problem and related systems/products that may be impacted
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions and ability to present recommended solutions to all levels of the organization
- You will create and maintain a variety of artifacts including: user stories, product backlog items, requirements, solution intents, presentations for senior management, executives or business stakeholders, mock-ups, prototypes to validate requirements and product roadmap
- Participate in the creation of user manuals and training materials, and may assist with user orientation and training.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Must have 5+ years of Business Analysis and project management experience within a SDLC business application development environment.
- Have experience in Waterfall / Agile / SCRUM
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and its core components
- 2-3 years of BaaN ERP experience is an asset
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Have the ability easily assimilate information and learn new applications and processes
- Have a solid ability to analyze complex system requirements and present findings to both internal and external stakeholders in a simple and comprehensible manner
- Have excellent writing skills, with solid experience in writing functional and technical specification documents and detailed user stories.
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available.
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment and mature mindset in approaching complex issues
- Inquisitive by nature and able to work with data to uncover root causes and identify trends