As a Business Consultant at Ricoh you will shift between Agile/SCRUM or traditional software delivery methodologies to assist in the development of new/existing products, their upgrades, improve processes and other initiatives, as needed. In summary, our goal is to create solutions that promote productivity, quality and innovation across Ricoh.
You will work closely with the business consultant, product managers, product owners, business stakeholders, sponsors to ensure you are able to translate business needs into user stories and requirements, as well as agile team member by crafting and supporting the product backlog or assist in testing, deployment, and post launch phases.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
As a Business Consultant, you will need to have:
- Good understanding of the complete software development life-cycle
- Some hands-on experience in business analysis and project management.
- Ability to partner with Business Leaders, Project Managers, Developers, and external stakeholders to assess and improve current business processes
- Some practical knowledge of Agile/Scrum.
- Requirement gathering and time management experience is critical.
- Collaborate with domain experts, business and technology stakeholders, product owners, sponsors, both internal and external customers (end-users) as required for various products
- You will work with the Sr. business consultant to elicit, define, analyze, synthesize and breakdown the requirements into meaning user stories/backlog items for the development team
- You will work with the Sr. business consultant to create and maintain a variety of artifacts including user stories, product backlog items, requirements, solution intents, mock-ups, prototypes to validate requirements and product roadmap
- Participate in the creation of user manuals and training materials, and may assist with user orientation and training
- Identify and communicate risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Must have 2+ years of Business Analysis and project management experience within a SDLC business application development environment.
- Have experience in Waterfall / Agile / SCRUM
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and its core components
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Have the ability easily assimilate information and learn new applications and processes
- Have excellent writing skills, with solid experience in writing functional and technical specification documents and detailed user stories.
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available.
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment and mature mindset in approaching complex issues
- Inquisitive by nature and able to work with data to uncover root causes and identify trends