Location: 100 Consilium Place, Scarborough, ON M1H 3E3 (McCowan/Hwy 401)
Free Shuttle Bus and 5 min walk from Scarborough Town Centre Transit Accessible
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Greets and assists visitors, performs clerical, administrative and general office duties including transcription, typing, record and file management, mail distribution and reception.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and directs visitors and vendors to the appropriate area within the company.
- Answers routine company-related requests or inquiries.
- Manages boardroom booking calendars and aids in facilities related correspondence.
- Aids in coordination of in-office events and meetings.
- Manages high volume incoming and outgoing mail and courier services and distributions.
- Accountable for reconciliation of A/P and A/R related to office support.
- Maintains and updates various databases for Corporate Services to include internal contacts, parking and security access.
- Provides administrative support for the Manager, Supervisor or department to include: preparing and screening correspondence, project/report assignments and maintaining current files.
- Responsible for maintaining office supply inventory, ordering and back up for office distribution.
- Back up for Office Services Assistant performing mail processing, kitchen stocking, inventory, meeting, storage, and business center management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Skills or Special Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software applications.
- Ability to provide professional and interpersonal communication when interacting with others.
- Must be able to multi-task and effectively manage time.
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to type minimum 40 WPM.
- 1-3 years in a reception or administrative support role
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position functions in a normal office environment. Prolonged sitting and using a PC over 5 hours per day. Back-up duties may include moderate lifting (up to 25lbs) and steady duration of standing/walking, 3 hours.