Success stories, like this don’t happen everyday. From humble beginnings as a courier industry solutions provider in Canada, Fleet Complete® quickly grew to become one of the world’s leaders in telematics and connected mobility solutions for a wide variety of industries with fleets, assets and mobile workers.
Fleet Complete has become one of the top industry leaders in IoT (Internet of Things) by winning numerous awards for innovation and growth since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to product Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
With a customer and channel focused culture, Fleet Complete has enjoyed continuous growth, leveraged by strong investors and partnerships, innovation, A-player talent and a drive to be the industry leader. Recently, new Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partnerships with Toyota and General Motors have allowed the company to bring in more opportunities for growth and revenue generation as the market steers toward integration with connected vehicles. Fleet Complete Headquarters (HQ) are situated in downtown Toronto, steps to Union Station, the city’s main transportation hub with easy access to Billy Bishop Airport and Pearson International Airport.
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
Reporting to the Global Director of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and executing corporate marketing strategies and communication plans for the organization. This individual will lead a team of highly talented marketing professionals, who will deliver and execute on the goals around supporting this high growth and rapidly expanding company. The Marketing Communications Manager will also be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of Fleet Complete’s communication and channel marketing to support the global sales team.
This position oversees the development and deployment of marketing strategy, support materials and services for the organization. The successful candidate will direct the efforts of their marketing team members and coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with other departments within the organization. The role requires an individual who can manage budget, timelines and scope while evolving their team members and branding the Marketing team internally and externally as a one-stop-shop with flawless delivery.
Marketing Communications Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive communications and channel marketing
- Develop relationships with channel partners and global sales team to help develop successful strategies to drive new sales
- Implement communications plans to increase brand identity awareness and recognition to all stakeholders and clients
- Manage internal and external communications including company announcements, charity activities as well as communications to clients
- Manage vendor and advertising agency relationships
- Manage, mentor and grow the marketing team across functions (content, graphic design, competitive analysis, social, SEO/SEM, website, tradeshows & events, marketing automation) as well as international expansion as it relates to marketing communications
- Work with Carrier & Partner team to direct the development of marketing and promotional material to support carrier initiatives and assist with carrier business strategy
- Be the brand advocate, ensuring that Fleet Complete’s message, look and feel is expressed consistently across all media, from business cards to booth designs and digital media
- Manage the continuous improvements in usability, design and content/conversion of the company website
- Support HR where possible with employee communication activities including internal intranet and employee branding initiatives
- Work with Operations: Customer Success, Technical Support, Finance, Professional Services, and more to help drive internal and external communications in a proactive fashion
- Responsible for the development and deployment of marketing materials for new and existing products
- Develop marketing plans within budget requirements
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on competitor activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered
- Help define overall company marketing strategies, and initiatives to support sales growth
- Ad-hoc marketing duties as required
All applicants must possess the following:
- University degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Business Administration or equivalent
- Direct work experience in Marketing with 2-3 years in a management capacity is preferred
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management
- Hands-on experience with search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, and other Web-focused initiatives
- Proven track record in creating and executing successful E-mail Marketing, Internet Marketing, and Direct Marketing programs
- Knowledge of ethical marketing best practices and associated regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet Marketing techniques, technologies, and solutions
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key business partners, including retailers, wholesalers, and resellers
- Strong knowledge of competitive analysis methods
- Experience managing freelancers and contractors
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe InDesign and HubSpot are an asset
- A Proven team player and leader who is both flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ideal candidates also demonstrate the following:
- French/Spanish fluency is an asset
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team, email@example.com, 866-649-7949.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.