Statistical Support Clerk
Job Description / Duties and Responsibilities
MONTHLY STIPEND AMOUNTS - GRD/GWD/CAF: $2,346 IQP: $2,652
Reporting to the Staff Sergeant – Training & Logistical Support, the incumbent is responsible for performing various clerical and analytic duties involving the coding, inputting and retrieval of information in the Training & Administration Section’s computerized databases for the Transit Enforcement Department. The incumbent may operate a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and/or Integrated Court Offences Network (ICON) terminal and respond to inquiries from Transit Enforcement Officers and authorized external sources. The incumbent is also responsible for matching various documents such as Police Reports and Divisional Reports, and performs various general office duties for the section as required. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing a variety of administrative and analytic functions involving the coding, inputting, and retrieval of information, keeping comprehensive records of correspondence, etc.
- Performing data entry and correcting input errors
- Maintaining the Department’s computerized database/filing systems of documents
- Monitoring input accuracy through the use of an audit program which indicates by specific categories
- Extracting and compiling information from the computer database upon request
- Word processing, photocopying and/or filing various types of reports according to departmental procedures
- Other related duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary school education combined with related work experience
- Good knowledge standard office practices and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of data entry procedures and keyboarding skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to clearly communicate detailed information verbally and in writing
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and have the ability to handle a high volume of work on a timely basis
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
This role reports to the Staff Sergeant – Training & Logistical Support.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Work Location: 1900 Yonge St, Toronto, M4S 1Z2