Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission, North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
You will be responsible for performing a variety of routine clerical, on-line data entry and stenographic duties in support of the Purchasing & Sales section
procurement activities for low value requirements.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with internal TTC staff and external suppliers
- Obtaining quotations for the procurement of various goods/services
- Utilizing and developing lists of qualified bidders for goods/services
- Learning and adhering to relevant TTC policies, procedures and industry best practices
- Creating spreadsheets
- Other related duties as assigned
- You will require a good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- You must possess a good working knowledge of personal computers, and software applications relevant to the work
- You must have excellent typing/word processing skills, including a good knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Must be detail oriented and possess good communication and organizational skills
- Post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, etc.), or the equivalent, combined with a few years of related work experience
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.
Location: Major intersection is at Bathurst and Dupont.