*Attention: Pay rate: GRD/GWD:$2,346 IQP:$2,652*
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
You will be responsible for assisting Senior Contract Administrators with a range of duties and responsibilities associated with the pre and post-award processes related to contract administration for large consultant, construction and service contracts.
Your pre-award duties may include the following:
- Preparing commercial documentation related to requests for bids and proposals;
- Assisting with co-ordinating the communication with bidders during the bid period;
- Attending/conducting site visits/tours;
- Preparing/processing addenda for issuance to bidders;
- Evaluating bids and preparing commercial analysis;
- Verifying procurement authorizations and preparing award letters and purchase orders;
Your post-award duties will include the following:
- Processing contract amendments;
- Processing invoices/certificate of payments;
- Processing work plan/assignment releases;
- Processing contract close-outs;
- Maintaining contract files;
- The performance of other related duties as assigned;
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Commerce/Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Engineering.
- Background in Engineering is an asset.
- You will be required to work co-operatively in a team environment; capable of organizing, establishing and co-ordinating work flow and meeting deadlines and established targets.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have strong problem solving skills.
- You must be able to multi-task and handle the processing of large volumes of paperwork.
- You have above average accuracy and attention to detail is paramount, as is sound judgment and analytical skills.
- You have strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products (primarily Excel and Word).
- Additional courses related to procurement principles, methods, procedures and practices are considered an asset.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Location: North York - 5160 Yonge Street