*Attention: Pay rate: GRD/GWD:$2,346 IQP:$2,652*
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
You will be responsible for performing a variety of routine clerical, on-line data entry and stenographic duties in support of the Purchasing & Sales section and will conduct procurement activities for low value requirements.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with internal TTC staff and external suppliers
- Obtaining quotations for the procurement of various goods/services
- Utilizing and developing lists of qualified bidders for goods/services
- Learning and adhering to relevant TTC policies, procedures and industry best practices
- Creating spreadsheets
- Other related duties as assigned
- You will require a good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- You must possess a good working knowledge of personal computers, and software applications relevant to the work
- You must have excellent typing/word processing skills, including a good knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Must be detail oriented and possess good communication and organizational skills
- Post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, etc.), or the equivalent, combined with a few years of related work experience
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm.
Location: Major intersection is at Bathurst and Dupont.