*Attention monthly stipend amounts GRD/GWD/CAF: $2,392.92, IQP: $2,705.04*
Guided by a new and ambitious Corporate Plan, the Toronto Transit Commission, North America’s 3rd largest transit system, has embarked on a 5-year journey to transform into a transit system that makes Toronto proud. Our ongoing recruitment efforts are strategically aligned with the TTC’s corporate mission “to provide a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
As a Junior Inventory Analyst/Clerk, you will be responsible for assigned inventory related clerical duties while maintaining an inventory commodity or part of a commodity.
- Forecasting future needs and planning inventory levels by establishing appropriate ordering levels on a part by part, site by site basis.
- Reviewing and maintaining Inventory Management tools and statistical calculations to meet the business needs of the Materials Management Department.
- Monitoring inventory performance targets and taking action on backorders, stock outs, days of supply, inventory level settings and obsolescence.
- Performing and/or participating in inventory audit counts and reporting results.
- Periodic visits to TTC warehouses to assess part sizing/ordering related concerns while building knowledge base.
- Reviewing reports to determine validity of requirements and providing advice, recommendations to the end user in resolving materials issues.
- Participate in various meetings by providing input in material planning.
- Processing inventory request forms by inputting data into the TTC IFS Materials Management System. Data input accuracy is essential to this task.
- Reviewing catalogue system reports to verify that the information is properly formatted (i.e. check for duplicate codes, etc.) and liaising with Users/Engineering/Inventory Analysts to resolve discrepancies.
- Utilizing various computer applications and systems to facilitate the compilation of data and the preparation of reports.
- Preparing, maintaining and distributing of monthly inventory and surplus assets reports as required .
- Word processing and compiling routine and confidential correspondence such as, procedures, letters, reports, etc., relating to the work of the section.
- Responding to telephone inquiries from user departments, where appropriate, and directing calls to appropriate personnel.
- Making arrangements for meetings, booking conference rooms, and preparing related meeting agendas; processing and distributing minutes; taking minutes
- Preparing replies to routine correspondence for signature by Inventory Management
Personnel as required
- Assisting the Inventory Analysts and Surplus Assets Administrator, as required, by updating and preparing standard and specialized reports including but not limited to those related to various projects
- Preparing IFS production reports on a scheduled basis and updating, distributing and maintaining Inventory Management period reports accordingly.
- Maintaining Inventory Management statistical dashboard on a regular basis as assigned.
- Providing follow-up measures on tasks or information requests that are upcoming or past due.
- Ensure reports have run and are distributed.
- Requires sound understanding and knowledge of business administration and Microsoft Office
- methodologies and practices.
- This knowledge would normally be acquired by obtaining a post-secondary education in business
- administration or related discipline with courses in purchasing or inventory management.
- Must have a strong computer aptitude and be proficient in the use of software applications and
- systems related to the work (including a minimum level of intermediate skills for Microsoft
- Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications). As our ideal candidate you also possess a
- well-developed analytical and problem solving skills along with strong interpersonal,
- organizational skills. Extremely strong oral and written communication skills are a definite asset..
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
- Location: Major intersection is at Bathurst and Dupont.