Humber River Hospital is one of Canada’s largest regional acute care hospitals, serving a catchment area of more than 850,000 people in the northwest GTA. Affiliated with the University of Toronto and Queen's University, the hospital is home to Ontario’s first Centre of Excellence for laparoscopic bariatric surgery, Canada’s first home nocturnal dialysis program and a major cancer program. Furthermore, we are renowned as Ontario’s first digital hospital, one that is a technological and environmental showcase.
As established in our 2017- 20 Strategic Plan, Humber River Hospital is committed to “champion a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement”. To support this corporate objective, we are looking for an exceptional individual to temporarily assume the role of Project Coordinator.
Humber River Hospital is recruiting for a Project Coordinator for a six (6) month paid internship. This role will act as the primary contact for the Organizational Development portfolio providing front-line support to staff, physicians and volunteers as required. In alignment with the organization’s strategic direction and under the guidance of the Manager, the Coordinator will be responsible for implementing tactics designed to meet the department goals and objectives. The Coordinator will be accountable for the coordination of activities and materials related to Organizational Development initiatives. The Coordinator will be the source of information for front-line leaders and employees related to programs owned by Organizational Development such as Evidence-Based Leadership Practices, learning and development, engagement, etc.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Organizational Development
Location: Humber River Hospital – all sites
Hours of Work: Days
Employee Group: Non-Union
- Assist with the planning, organizing and executing of various Organizational Development programs, meetings and events including the development of agendas and minutes as required
- Prepare drafts of regular, internal communications to the hospital regarding Organizational Development’s programs/initiatives
- Maintain the Organizational Development section of HRH’s intranet, iHumber, ensuring accuracy of the information
- Assist with the development and organization of materials, in both physical and electronic formats, including learner packages, handouts, slide decks and other visual aids
- Conduct Organizational Development best-practice research (i.e. Managing Change, Adult Learning, etc.) as required
- Develop and provide regular and ad hoc reports to leaders throughout the organization and the Organizational Development and Human Resources teams
- Monitor the effectiveness of learning and development programs (i.e. conduct surveys following learning activities)
- Support the documentation and analysis of Exit Interviews conducted by Organizational Development
- Assist with Organizational Development related projects as required
- Maintain the overall efficiency of the Organizational Development program by developing accurate and comprehensive records and retrieval systems
- Provide general support for the Organizational Development program and act as the first point of contact for general staff inquiries
- Provide logistical support for all activities associated with Evidence-Based Leadership Practices including, but not limited to, assisting in developing and scheduling monthly coaching agendas and collaborating with departments to schedule Senior Leader Rounding
- Support the planning and execution for Leadership Development Institute sessions and other learning opportunities
- Run and analyze data regarding Evidence-Based Leadership Practices including distributing reports to various levels of leadership
- Develop slide decks and associated materials to report on various activitiesTrack, as appropriate, corporate- and department-level action planning associated with engagement activities
- Draft communications related to the roll-out of results and action planning
- Provide data analysis support at all stages of the survey including implementation and roll-out
- Support the planning and execution of the hospital engagement surveys including collaborating with vendor to ensure established timelines are met
- Recent/related experience supporting a Human Resources and/or Organizational Development department
- Experience in Human Resources and/or Organizational Development
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking/analysis
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated skill in team work and time management
- Strong focus on customer service and collaboration
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management and front-line
- Knowledge and experience of Studer Group Canada© Evidenced Based Leadership Framework an asset; and
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.