Interns will be involved in projects that Abbott Medical Canada has supported or targeted. Projects includes improving reporting efficiency, system integration, and optimizing inventory management etc. In addition to gathering, organizing, and updating data, interns will have the opportunity to participate in operation and management meetings, and to prepare ad hoc Sales and P&L reporting.
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Conduct complete examination to the assigned project
- Conduct data resource and report structure analysis
- Define the problem(s) and build the project work stream
- Set up goals and milestones with what task/activity that must be accomplished to achieve the work stream goal
- Estimate the date for each milestone to be finished
- Execute the project plan and update the manager with progress
- Improve or automate current template that enhances the efficiency for future finance reporting
- Accomplish the goals and have the opportunity to present the final project result to management
- Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about the operation side of the business including monthly S&OP meetings and lunches as well as communication initiatives
- Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about the reporting side of the business including day-to-day reports
- Bachelor degree completed in finance, accounting, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Access or VBA preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and a quick learner
- Experience conducting data mining and building Macro
- Interested in learning about finance reporting
- Very task-oriented
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
Nice to Have:
- Inventory management with a strong understanding of supply chain management an asset
- Experience with system integration an asset