Position will guide the commercial decision-making process by bringing rigor and financial analysis to performance metrics and sales trends. Expected from this role is a deep analysis of financial trends in order to identify risks and opportunities. In short, role is a commercial partnership between finance, the sales team and the general manager. Moreover, the successful candidate will bring forward thoughtful recommendations that drive the business, always using quantitative fact to support said recommendations.
Areas of focus include assisting General Manager and Controller in optimizing Structural Heart’s inventory, sales and business position within Canada by maintaining tight controls around consignment inventory for all product lines in Canada. In addition to monitoring the sales and inventory of SH products, success will include analysis of market micro and macro data. The interpretation of this data and its impact to the short and medium term will be paramount.
Duties and Responsibilities but may not be limited to:
- Work with marketing and sales to identify risks and opportunities, areas for growth, areas for savings, etc.
- Provide support and rigor to the control of Inventory and sales performance.
- Development and analysis of KPIs aimed at streamlining scrap, product handling and key strategic initiatives.
- A Leadership participation in the global & local S&OP process, working cross-divisionally to support product launches and product flow.
- Develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to facilitate the reconciliation of inventory and purchase orders on a monthly basis; at the same time, ensuring SH’s inventory is well within scope of its inventory policies and procedures.
- Create monitoring reports of sales, inventory and business trends, including ordering patterns; identifying, reporting and resolving non-compliances with regards to inventory handling and inventory expiry.
- Work closely with Controller and General Manager in preparing monthly, quarterly, annual business plans and monitoring of results against said plans.
- Assist and provide support to the Controller in loading data onto the applicable Company Platforms as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree completed in finance, accounting, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, and proficient in MS Word, and Outlook. Access or VBA preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is must
- High personal integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to take actions to achieve goals (proactive/shows initiative)
- Ability to constantly seek out new ways to improve processes (innovative)
- Ability to think independently and challenge status quo
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with customers, team and other colleagues/management
- Adaptability & Initiative;
- Achievability of due dates per assigned tasks;
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Team oriented
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset