DevOps Technical Specialist
Purpose of the Job:
As part of the DevOps team, this will role will be tasked with:
- Setup, maintain and support all application, database and WEB servers for the development life-cycle
- Manage core banking code release through development, test and UAT environments.
- Manage code repository for Core Banking Applications using TFS Server 2013 and SVN
- Administer code repository servers (TFS and SVN).
- Create and maintain processes for automated daily builds for Core Banking
- Enhance and maintain self-service deploys to QA, UAT and Production Support environments
- Setup development server templates and configure servers for all core banking applications
- Responsible creating deployment notes for all Core Banking release
- Responsible for administering, monitoring, measuring, performance tuning and forecasting for capacity; for all defined servers
- Monitor applications for resource utilization. Recommend corrective action to ensure all application servers meet processing requirements for performance and reliability.
- Participate in COBIT Audits as required
- Works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying and updating software and environments.
- Ensure all application processes are documented and followed.
- Establish and maintain application standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of all supporting application documentation.
- Participate and contribute to strategy, planning and technical meetings with internal and external technical business leaders to identify best practices and opportunities for process and design improvements.
- Provide direction and support to: team members in Solutions Development, Change Management, Configuration Management, external vendors. Maintain current knowledge on technology trends, advancements and industry best practices.
- Ensure application security standards are implemented and maintained.
- Involvement as a key resource on internal project teams for critical applications or escalated internal support for the production environment.
- Occasionally may be required to work non-business hours for server maintenance tasks, provide support for critical production issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Education and Certification
- Computer Science degree or diploma (or acceptable equivalent qualifications), with some working knowledge of ITIL principles and practices
- ITIL certification an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the various SDLC methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in software development
- Release and code management experience to mission critical systems and applications.
- Strong background in application technologies and business processes.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of Windows Server Technologies
- Design, Deployment, Testing & Support of base applications to an Enterprise organization.
- Knowledge of system analysis skills including detailed system and job scheduling design/deployment.
- In depth understanding of application release procedures, including risk assessment and mitigation steps.
- Exposure to a banking system architecture and/or environment an asset.
- Proven technical skills with Microsoft SQL and basic database troubleshooting, administration and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft TFS and SVN
- Hands-on experience with disaster recovery techniques and contingency planning.
- Experience with SQL scripting and process and batch automation.
- VMWare experience or training an asset
- Analytical and excellent presentation skills an asset.
- Comfortable and familiar with the use of various information resources to research application issues.
- Exhibit a broad understanding of common, mainstream IT technologies and ITIL processes.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the strategic needs of a financial institution.
- Documentation Skills
People Skills and Ethics
- Exhibit a strong ability to work in a team and provide assistance to other team members.
- Service oriented and customer focused, with the enthusiasm and tenacity to meet goals and commitments of the team.
- Exhibit strong planning skills that will contribute to departmental initiatives.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, reliable and dedicated.
- Must have a can-do attitude with the ability to multi-task and complete projects on time and budget.
- Able to prioritize and plan workload, and to meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment