The Cox Automotive Canada DevOps team is an innovative team devoted to providing automated solutions and services for Cox Automotive to measure, evaluate and plan for visible, reliable application delivery.
As a member of the Production Engineering team, you will engage with development teams to help create automated pipelines and solutions required for continuous delivery. The tools and use-cases are diverse, and our challenge is to increase the development velocity by optimizing various parts of the pipeline. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about DevOps!
As a Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps Engineer, this person will drive the planning, design, implementation and testing of all new and existing and networking hardware and topologies throughout the firm. This person will analyze the needs of each office and prioritize the work load with other team members to deliver the most highly resilient infrastructure possible. This position will work across multiple teams and engineers across the firm to drive synergy, consistency and stabilization for corporate and Production infrastructures. This role will have both internal and external focus and a sizable budget for them to manage throughout the year.
If you love to figure out how all the pieces are put together in a build environment, or if automation and building tools to monitor and manage your applications sounds interesting to you, we want to talk to you.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with Production Engineering in the design, implementation and maintenance of the build/release infrastructure
- Improve the predictability and reliability of software releases with the implementation of automated build, test and deployment tools and processes.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment environment
- Engage with Software Engineering to improve application stability with the design, development and implementation of application monitors and alerts.
- Engage with Software Engineering and Architect Teams to ensure Release Engineering best practices are implemented
- Engage with Software and Production Engineering in the coordination and administration of software releases
- Produce update and/or endorse Site Reliability Engineering standards, guidelines and procedures
- Understand and recommend emerging new solutions and technologies especially as it pertains to virtualizing the network and the software defined data center
- Build the foundation for Continuous Availability, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
- 24×7 On-call support in a rotation schedule with team members.
- Capacity planning and monitoring of all network infrastructures, devices and data circuits to keep ahead of future growth. Report capacity needs and concerns to the network and security manager. Work to ensure maximum network uptime.
- Design and provide a fully redundant high availability infrastructure at all times.
- Monitor expiration dates of SSL Certificates. Install new SSL certificates.
- Maintain operational guidelines, diagrams and documentation for all network and security devices and infrastructures. Attention to detail on all documents is important.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of degree, 5-7 years’ experience as a SRE or DevOps
- Familiarity with one or more general purpose programing languages but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Python, Perl.
- Experience with configuration management systems (GitHub, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Terraform)
- Experience configuring and supporting Jenkins
- Windows and Linux system (80/20) engineering expertise
- Networking Knowledge (strong VPC knowledge is a PLUS)
- Experience with Artifactory
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment
- Experience with Application Server platforms (.Net)
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Amazon AWS, VMware, Docker)
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
- Mentoring skills: experience with training and educating teammates or colleagues on contemporary operational best practices.
- Infrastructure engineering passion
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools and thoughts about their respective strengths and weaknesses
- Software development background, for example: familiarity with git and common software development practices, ability to write tests, and being capable of reading and understanding the code in order to participate in the code review process.
- Ability to lead deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams. Desired Skills
- Strong understanding of AWS platform services and their strengths/weaknesses; GCP or Azure experience is also good.
- Experience managing clustered data applications
- Experience working to improve 24/7 on-call rotations, reducing alert fatigue and improving automation
- Experience with datacenter or major cloud migrations.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.