We have an immediate opportunity for a Bookkeeper/Accountant.
Leading a team of two to three people, the Senior Accountant is the main point of contact for their team’s clients, provides training and coaching for their team members, and will provide full cycle accounting for the Virtuous Bookkeeping growing list of clients. They will also play a leadership role in onboarding and training new team members and new clients.
- Full cycle bookkeeping duties for a block of client accounts.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax filings. (HST, WSIB, T4, installments)
- Identify process improvements and system efficiencies for current and potential new clients.
- Travel to and working at the client's location when required. (primarily based on our location, however)
- Coordination and distribution of bookkeeping tasks amongst a team.
- Frequent communication with clients, responding to questions, concerns, and requests.
- Training and oversight of their team’s work; feedback and coaching to foster team development and growth.
- Onboarding new clients, setting up new Accounting Software files and/or taking over of previous books.
- Occasional meetings with clients to review statements, any questions and troubleshoot any issues.
- Preparation of year-end packages for accountants, i.e. preparing a trial balance, adjusting entries, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare and process payroll online software.
- Work with external accountants to complete year-end files (T1's and/or T2's)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Solid communication skills- fluency in written and spoken English.
- Bookkeeping experience with new cloud technologies (QBO, Xero, and Freshbooks) as well as QuickBooks Desktop, Sage 50, and other bookkeeping software.
- Completed University Degree/Diploma in Accounting or Finance.
- 4-5 years of work experience in accounting.
- Must be highly accurate and willing to take responsibility for various accounting issues.
- Strong work ethic, diligent, committed and able to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment and produce work that demonstrates attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, and able to handle conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to work independently or part of a team.
- Planning and organizing workflow to meet various deadlines for clients and senior management.
- Knowledge of Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, and Plooto is an asset.
- Knowledge of Wagepoint or other payroll processing systems is an asset.
- Must have an Accounting Designation CPA, CA, CGA, CMA
- Have strong technical knowledge in both financial accounting and Canadian Tax
Prior experience in working with a public accounting firm would be considered a strong asset.
What we offer:
- A work environment that values flexibility and provides opportunities for telecommuting.
- There is always something to do near our office. We are minutes away from Centennial Park which is home to a ski hill, golf course, go-kart track, batting cage, various playgrounds, sports fields and picnic areas.
- An open-concept office that fosters collaboration, and is easily accessible via public transit.
Please Note: This position is NOT for a CPA student looking to obtain hours in the CPA program.