1. Work in agile project teams to deliver quality product installations worldwide. Perform as a developer within the SDLC by configuring the product for clients primarily using XML and Groovy. Interact with a wide variety of people and roles including clients, business analysts, developers, testers and project managers to configure and maintain registry applications as outlined in technical design and functional specification documents.
2. Key Responsibilities
· Configure applications from the Catalyst product suite using languages, scripts and tools specified by Foster Moore and as outlined in Foster Moore development standards/guidelines.
· Ensure an understanding of the business needs via business requirements, functional specifications and discussions with Business Analysts.
· Offer and or promote alternative technical solutions to business problems.
· Provide accurate estimates for configuration work to the team.
· Produce supporting documentation necessary to ensure delivery or operation of the software.
· Generate integration tests to test functional aspects of the application.
· Ensure that functional software executes in accordance with internal quality levels.
2.3 Support and Continuous Improvement
· Provide general support and specific incident analysis and resolution as required.
· Provide input into production support issues as requested by the Production Support team.
· Engage in the full SDLC process and suggest alternatives or promote positive change at every opportunity.
· Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
· Comply with safe working practices in accordance with Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
· Observe and comply with policies procedures and quality management systems.
· Positively and actively support effective communication, encourage and provide constructive feedback.
· Support Foster Moore’s overall organisational vision, values and culture.
· Assist others with the selection of approaches, methods and/or services as required.
· Any other reasonable duties as required.
3. Competency Profile
Open and Friendly - we put people at ease, we listen to others’ opinions, we’re optimistic. We’re engaging, personable, bright and likeable.
Attitude and Teamwork:
Works as an effective member of the team towards focused on achieving the team goals, and demonstrates a positive, optimistic attitude.
Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; values importance of providing high-quality customer service to our customers at all time.
Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication and actively listens to others’ ideas and suggestions. Consistently shares appropriate information with those who need to know.
We’re always seeking a better way of doing things; we’re accurate and take the time to get the detail right first time; good enough isn’t
Quality & Accuracy
Maintains high standards while meeting deadlines, does work right the first time, corrects own errors; ensures quality of work meets company standards
Initiative & Problem Solving
Carries out tasks without detailed instructions, makes constructive suggestions, responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; thinks outside the box and provides appropriate suggestions to solve problems
Manages workloads within appropriate timescales, making use of available tools and resources to meet deadlines
We take ownership of what we do; we share our knowledge to help others; we say what we mean and mean what we say.
Takes appropriate levels of ownership for tasks and delivery at all times
Behaves in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Reflecting the appropriate company image.
Demonstrates position specific knowledge required to successfully complete tasks; Picks up new skills quickly. Actively participates in training activities. Seeks to acquire new skills and passes on knowledge to others
· 3-5 years experience in an Information Technology Business.
· A tertiary level degree in computer science, engineering or other appropriate discipline.
· Analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
· Experience working within an agile framework (such as Scrum) with teams of business analysts, testers and developers working iteratively across the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
· Solid understanding of programming languages such as Java, Groovy, C# or
· Good experience with web application development and knowledge of application servers or containers (JBoss, Websphere, Jetty, Tomcat or IIS)
· Experience with web service implementations - REST and/or SOAP
· Good working knowledge of at least one database (Postgres, Oracle, SQLServer) and solid SQL skills
· Relevant experience with all aspects of the SDLC including source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration/delivery concepts and defect tracking software (e.g. JIRA, TFS, Bugzilla, etc.)
· Good communication skills.
· Fast learner – quick at picking up new concepts
· Flexible and adaptable.