QA Test Analyst
1. Job Purpose
To ensure the stability, availability and reliability of Foster Moore’s software applications through the planning and execution of functionally based testing prior to their release.
2. Key Responsibilities
- Perform system related testing activities including functional testing, integration testing, system testing, performance and load testing, network scanning, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and device configuration reviews.
- Develop test plans in accordance with client specifications, which ensure that rigorous testing is carried out prior to go live.
- Implement test plans, and to highlight and act on potential improvements that can be made to the test plan during the implementation phase • Ensure maximum automation of testing systems.
- Ensure high quality product releases.
2.2 Customer Service
- Liaise with business users, business analysts and developers to ensure that planned testing meets their requirements.
- Assist clients with their User and/or Business Acceptance Testing.
- Prompt attendance to, and constructive participation in, internal and client meetings as required.
- Provide pre-sales and post sales technical support to clients and others from time to time.
2.3 Services Portfolio Development
- Research and/or obtain technical or specialist advice from internal or external resources when necessary.
- Keep track of advancements in the industry to ensure that the company is developing leading edge products and services, and that the testing systems are as up to date and rigorous as possible.
- Perform testing research as time is available.
- Create accurate and high quality reports in a timely manner and in the format specified by the company.
- Create, review or revise internal documentation ensuing it is of high quality.
2.5 Support and Continuous Improvement
- Provide general production support and specific incident analysis and resolution as required.
- Provide input into production support issues as requested by the Production Support team.
- Make suggestions for and delivery of positive change within the Test team and the supported production environments.
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with safe working practices in accordance with Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Observe and comply with policies procedures and quality management systems.
- Positively and actively support effective communication, encourage and provide constructive feedback.
- Support Foster Moore’s overall organisational vision, values and culture.
- Assist others with the selection of approaches, methods and/or services as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
3. Competency Profile
3.1.1 Open and Friendly
Attitude and Teamwork
- Works as an effective member of the team towards achieving the team goals, and demonstrates an appropriate work ethic.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication both with internal and external customers.
- Recognises and ensures that a high-quality service is delivered to the customers.
3.1.2 Executional Excellence
Quality & Accuracy
- Takes pride in ensuring quality of work and an attention to detail.
Initiative and Problem Solving
- Demonstrates appropriate levels of initiative by thinking outside the box and providing appropriate suggestions or implementing changes as appropriate to job level.
- Manages workloads within appropriate timescales, making use of available tools and resources.
3.1.3 Personal Accountability
- Behaves in a professional and ethical manner at all times, reflecting the appropriate company image.
- Takes appropriate levels of ownership for tasks and delivery.
- Demonstrates position specific knowledge required to successfully complete tasks; Picks up new skills quickly.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.