Testing Foster Moore’s software applications prior to their release to ensure the developed application meets specifications. Ensure that defects/issues found are accurately logged, tracked and resolved.
- Create test plan for a project in accordance with test strategy.
- Engage stakeholders for approval and test plan sign off.
- Analyse test requirements and create manual test cases/test scenarios as per defined standards.
- Peer review manual test cases to ensure test cases/test scenarios are effective and follow standards.
- Analyse test requirements and create automated test cases/test scenarios as per defined standards.
- Peer review automated test cases to ensure test cases/test scenarios are effective and follow standards.
- Maintain/Update manual and automated test cases (as applicable) over the duration of the project.
- Execute manual and automated tests and ensure results are recorded.
- Carry out functional regression testing (manual and automated) when changes are made to the code to fix defects.
- Monitor test execution progress and ensure that sufficient testing is carried out prior to go-live.
- Reports defects found with enough details to replicate and investigate.
- Troubleshoot, try to reproduce problems for defects logged by the client.
- Proactively works with and follows up on defects with appropriate people in order to resolve in a timely manner.
- Analyse test results and create test reports subsequently communicating reports to stakeholders.
- Create accurate and high-quality reports in a timely manner and in the format specified by the company.
- Provide both formal and informal test reporting to stakeholders and testers as needed.
- Highlight project risks in a timely manner providing appropriate suggestions to mitigate the risk.
- Create, review or revise internal documentation ensuring it is of high quality.
- Liaise with business users, business analysts and developers to ensure that planned testing meets their requirements.
- Provide assistance to clients during User and/or Business Acceptance Testing. Prompt attendance to, and constructive participation in, internal and client meetings as required.
- Provide general production support and specific incident analysis and resolution as required
- Provide input into production support issues as requested by the Production Support Team.
- Offer and or promote alternative technical solutions to business problems.
Service Portfolio Developement:
- Research new technologies and provide suggestions for improving testing practices.
- Keep track of advancements in the industry to ensure that the company is developing leading edge products and services, and that the testing systems are as up to date and rigorous as possible.
- Implement process improvements as time is available.
- Contribute to test standards and definitions of best practice.
- Mentor, coach and support more junior members of the testing team to ensure a high-performance culture that delivers consistent results, in line with test strategy and test practices.
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Comply with safe working practices in accordance with Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Observe and comply with policies procedures and quality management systems. Positively and actively support effective communication, encourage and provide constructive feedback.
- Support Foster Moore’s overall organisational vision, values and culture
- Assist others with the selection of approaches, methods and/or services as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Open and Friendly:
Attitude and Teamwork- Works as an effective member of the team towards achieving the team goals, and demonstrates an appropriate work ethic.
Communication- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication both with internal and external customers.
Client Focus- Recognises and ensures that a high-quality service is delivered to the customers.
Quality & Accuracy- Takes pride in ensuring quality of work and an attention to detail.
Initiative and Problem Solving- Demonstrates appropriate levels of initiative by thinking outside the box and providing appropriate suggestions or implementing changes as appropriate to job level.
Time Management- Manages workloads within appropriate timescales, making use of available tools and resources.
Professionalism- Behaves in a professional and ethical manner at all times, reflecting the appropriate company image. .
Ownership- Takes appropriate levels of ownership for tasks and delivery.
Technical knowledge- Demonstrates position specific knowledge required to successfully complete tasks; Picks up new skills quickly.
- At least 5 years’ experience in testing roles.
- Experienced in functional testing across different test levels: component, integration, system and acceptance.
- Experience in UI automation testing.
- Experience in webservice testing (using tools like SOAPUI)
- Experience across all activities in a testing process including test planning, analysis and design, implementation and execution as well as evaluation exit criteria and reporting.
- The ability to read and understand formal technical specifications, and to recognise faults and ambiguities within.
- An ability to think about issues abstractly, and from multiple points of view.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
- Competence in concisely explaining problems, both verbally and in a written format.
- Product/COTS experience.
- Exposure working in a scrum environment.
- Previous experience in a business analysis or development role.
- Experience working with JIRA.
- Experience in automated webservice testing
- Experience in non-functional testing (ex: Performance Testing)
- ISTQB Certification
- Capable of motivating and energizing others and relationship building.
- Knowledge on Continuous integration tools.
- Exposure setting up and maintaining an automation test framework.
- Exposure working in high paced environment supporting multiple priorities and deliverables.
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable