Working as a member of the Corporate Services team, in the Finance department, and reporting to the Finance Manager, this role provides financial administration support for the Agency’s overall operations. The Finance Lead follows GAAP principles and internal client-centered care within the context of a self-directed and interdisciplinary team approach.
- Handle GL accounting, bank reconciliations, and month-end closing
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet schedules on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries with regards to amortization, accruals, deferrals, and prepaid expenses
- Process payroll through ADP Workforce Now
- Act as backup for issuing cheques/eft and invoicing accounts receivables in the absence of Accounting Analyst
- Complete periodic HST and EHT reports and submissions on a timely basis
- Liaise with Finance Manager to prepare funder reports and submit as appropriate
- Prepare year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for audit
- Contribute/participate in team-based duties as assigned, including contribution to operational and team effectiveness of the Corporate Services Team, and overall Workplace Success initiatives across the organization
- Maintain Capital Assets Register and perform Capital Asset management
- Review bank deposit slips prepared by Accounting Analyst and make deposit of all receipts at the Agency’s bank
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education/training in related field and/or equivalent related experience.
- Pursuing CPA designation is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications especially Microsoft Dynamics GP is highly desirable.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills, as demonstrated in work environments with multiple/simultaneous deadlines on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven quality service orientation, within an infrastructure support role requiring confidentiality.
- Extensive financial analysis, reporting/administration experience within MOHLTC funded organization is preferred.
- Past experience creating and issuing financial information filings with external funders preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to be an effective member within an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload with simultaneous deadlines, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide support and input into departmental objectives as aligned with Agency’s Strategy, to assist in evaluating and continuously improving work processes