At Nymi, we are working to revolutionize the way authentication is handled in enterprises. We want to increase security, strengthen compliance, and ease the challenges associated with strong authentication in the workplace of today.
We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our team in Toronto, Canada. Applicants should have hands-on experience in creating and deploying enterprise-grade APIs and software development kits, solid Rust and/or C++ programming skills, a working knowledge of cross-platform development, and a passion for delivering high-quality solutions to technical partners. You are comfortable with an Agile development process and are eager to contribute to the entire software stack for our Windows, Mac, and Linux SDKs.
- Develop, test, and deploy cross-platform native APIs and SDKs in Rust
- Create new features, adopt new use-cases, and continuously improve our products
- Work effectively in a small Scrum team and collaborate well with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Employ modern, Agile, and pragmatic programming practices and testing methods
- Mentor peers and continuously learn new skills and techniques
Skills & Experience
- 5 years of practical experience in systems software programming using Rust, C++ or similar compiled binary language in a Windows, Mac, and/or Linux environment
- Experience designing and developing public-facing APIs and services
- Experience using modern programming techniques including dependency management, polymorphism, TDD, functional programming and design patterns
- Experience debugging and profiling software components during development and in production
- Strong skills using common development tooling including git, cmake, Jenkins, JIRA, BitBucket, etc.
- Experience developing communication protocol stacks
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth Classic, BLE, and websockets is a plus
- Effectively manage time, commitments, and relationships within a diverse, inclusive, and fast-paced start-up
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
What is it like to work at Nymi?
Rethinking the authentication paradigm means creating a solution that both companies and employees are excited to use. This vision goes beyond any one role, team or department; everyone has a voice and a chance to shape the company. This empowerment leads to a team full of extremely talented thinkers and innovators. We take risks, solve problems and are highly adaptive.
At Nymi we embrace diversity and build teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our commitment to being a positive and inclusive work environment goes to the core of our values. We believe this is a key factor in our success and we encourage applications from tech’s under-represented groups.
Some of the perks: downtown location - transit reimbursement - parking - education allowance - generous vacation - great benefits incl. vision coverage - prayer/pump/nap room - shower - weekly catered lunch - snacks - casual dress - flexibility in schedule - remote work - (friendly) dog friendly ...
Accommodations for people with disabilities are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.