At Nymi, we are working to revolutionize the way authentication is handled in enterprises. We want to increase security, strengthen compliance, and ease the challenges associated with strong authentication in the workplace of today.
We’re looking for a talented hardware technologist to join the Hardware and Manufacturing team. This position will focus on troubleshooting and repair of current production designs and support of next generation hardware products, from prototype to mass production. We’re looking for a motivated individual who is a professional, detail-oriented, team player interested in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead root cause analysis of hardware failures on our current generation products
- Troubleshoot defects at the manufacturing level to drive a reduction in reject rates
- Fabricate and bring up of engineering proof-of-concepts for our next generation technology
- Provide hardware tracking, troubleshooting and debugging support internal to the company
- Provide detailed analysis of current designs, leading to improvements and cost reduction opportunities of future implementations
Skills & Experience:
- BSc in electrical engineering or electronics engineering technician/technologist certificate
- 5+ years experience working with mixed-signal electronic circuits, diagnostic tools and benchtop test equipment
- Extensive experience troubleshooting hardware and reworking densely populated circuit boards
- Comfortable with surface mount soldering and rework equipment
- Working knowledge of C programming and microcontroller based designs
- Ability to perform thorough root cause analysis of hardware failures and report results with detailed supporting evidence
- Experience working with wearable/mobile electronics and familiarity with RF an asset
What is it like to work at Nymi?
Rethinking the authentication paradigm means creating a solution that both companies and employees are excited to use. This vision goes beyond any one role, team or department; everyone has a voice and a chance to shape the company. This empowerment leads to a team full of extremely talented thinkers and innovators. We take risks, solve problems and are highly adaptive.
At Nymi we embrace diversity and build teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our commitment to being a positive and inclusive work environment goes to the core of our values. We believe this is a key factor in our success and we encourage applications from tech’s under-represented groups.
Some of the perks: downtown location - transit reimbursement - parking - education allowance - generous vacation - great benefits incl. vision coverage - prayer/pump/nap room - shower - weekly catered lunch - snacks - casual dress - flexibility in schedule - remote work - (friendly) dog friendly ...
Accommodations for people with disabilities are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.