At Nymi, we are working to revolutionize the way authentication is handled in enterprises. We want to increase security, strengthen compliance, and ease the challenges associated with strong authentication in the workplace of today.
Nymi is looking for a junior embedded developer to join our Research team to develop creative solutions to challenging problems. You are a firmware developer who brings a solid design and architecture background, strong C programming skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality solutions to customers and partners. You are comfortable with an agile development process and are eager to contribute to multiple aspects of Nymi Band firmware.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain firmware for wearable authentication devices
- Facilitate integration of new sensors for next generation designs
- Implementation of algorithms utilizing biometric sensors
- Develop application-level communication protocols
- Contribute to production deployment of Nymi products at scale, by establishing effective testing and troubleshooting procedures for the Nymi Band and its firmware
- Assist in the development of proof-of-concepts
Skills & Experience
- C/C++ developer with a clear focus on embedded systems (bare metal or RTOS)
- Experience delivering tested, production grade code
- Practical experience in scripting languages (e.g Python)
- Experience with low power microcontrollers (ARM M0 and M4 is an asset)
- Proven experience with debugging techniques for embedded systems
- Thorough understanding and effective use of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns, specifically in the context of embedded applications
- Familiarity with wireless communication protocols (for example: Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, NFC)
- Familiarity with hardware peripheral devices and protocols including SPI, I2C, USB, DMA and ADC
- Comfortable interpreting hardware schematics and using common debugging tools (DMM, logic analyzer, oscilliscope)
What is it like to work at Nymi?
Rethinking the authentication paradigm means creating a solution that both companies and employees are excited to use. This vision goes beyond any one role, team or department; everyone has a voice and a chance to shape the company. This empowerment leads to a team full of extremely talented thinkers and innovators. We take risks, solve problems and are highly adaptive.
At Nymi we embrace diversity and build teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our commitment to being a positive and inclusive work environment goes to the core of our values. We believe this is a key factor in our success and we encourage applications from tech’s under-represented groups.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.