At Nymi, we are working to revolutionize the way authentication is handled in enterprises. We want to increase security, strengthen compliance, and ease the challenges associated with strong authentication in the workplace of today.
Nymi is looking for an experienced developer with hands-on experience in creating and deploying enterprise-grade embedded products. You are a seasoned firmware developer who brings a solid design and architecture background, strong C programming skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality solutions to customers and partners. You are comfortable with an agile development process and are eager to contribute to multiple aspects of Nymi Band firmware.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain firmware for wearable authentication devices
- Develop application-level communication protocols
- Facilitate firmware-hardware integration
- Contribute to production deployment of Nymi products at scale, by establishing effective testing and troubleshooting procedures for the Nymi Band and its firmware
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the next generation of Nymi solutions
Skills & Experience
- Expert C/C++ developer with a clear focus on embedded systems (bare metal or RTOS)
- Practical experience in test-driven development utilizing CI and scripting languages (e.g Python)
- Experience with low power microcontrollers (ARM M0 and M4 is an asset)
- Proven experience with debugging techniques for embedded systems
- Experience in performance optimization (memory, speed, power)
- Thorough understanding and effective use of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns, specifically in the context of embedded applications
- Familiarity with development/analysis of secure embedded products: secure coding practices, cryptography, reverse engineering would be an asset
- Familiarity with wireless communication protocols (for example: Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, NFC)
- Familiarity with hardware peripheral devices and protocols including SPI, I2C, USB, DMA and ADC
What is it like to work at Nymi?
Rethinking the authentication paradigm means creating a solution that both companies and employees are excited to use. This vision goes beyond any one role, team or department; everyone has a voice and a chance to shape the company. This empowerment leads to a team full of extremely talented thinkers and innovators. We take risks, solve problems and are highly adaptive.
At Nymi we embrace diversity and build teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Our commitment to being a positive and inclusive work environment goes to the core of our values. We believe this is a key factor in our success and we encourage applications from tech’s under-represented groups.