Home to more than 350,000 people, Markham is a diverse community with a rich cultural heritage, outstanding community planning services, and vibrant local economy. At Markham we are proud leaders in the way we deliver Planning and Urban Design services, as we face the challenges of growth and intensification while digitizing our workplace to ensure service excellence that is current and efficient.
Applications are now being received for the above position in the Operations Department, Community and Fire Services Commission. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online by February 14, 2019.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data entry of work orders and worker performance
- Meeting minutes
- Organizing daily work orders
- Updating corporate systems.
- Track contractor invoicing and performance
- Deal with daily resident inquiries
- Work with and coordinate efforts with different internal departments.
- High School diploma plus additional accounting courses (more than three months);
- Minimum of one to three years related experience, preference given to experience in an operational office coordinating work.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction
- Creative and critical thinking skills necessary to develop working and efficient systems for busy operations department, etc.
- Well-developed MS Office skills with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new computer software programs.
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.