The Operations Department of the Corporation of the City of Markham is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist/ Technician Intern.
The City of Markham is a dynamic and change-oriented leader among Canadian municipalities. The recipient of multiple environmental awards, we are recognized for our innovative, sustainability and urban planning initiatives as much as for our fiscal accountability. More than 320,000 residents call Markham home and benefit from our rich heritage, culturally diverse environment, vibrant local economy and focus on quality of life.
The Operations Department is committed to delivering excellent customer service to Markham residents and monitoring services continuously to ensure high standard of maintenance are achieved. Join THE CITY OF MARKHAM and make a difference!
The Operations department for the City of Markham is looking for a successful candidate to assist with GIS mapping, data creation and technical drawings relating to the City’s roads and parks operations.
The responsibilities include both office and field activities and may involve dealing with the public, as well as:
- Conducts pre and post construction conditions inspections
- Issues permits and work orders related to road allowance activities
- Assist with editing and creation of winter snow plowing route maps
- Assists with drawing review comments
- Uses land survey equipment to resolve drainage issues
- Collects data using GPS units
- Resolve drainage issues using land survey equipment
- Prepares reports as requested
- Other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
College diploma in Civil and/or Resource Engineering
- Civil or Resource Engineering Technician or Technologist
- Ability to work productively using ArcMap and Auto CAD.
- Valid Ontario G Licence with a clean drivers abstract (no demerit points and no more than one moving violation and one non moving violation)
- Familiarity with the Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7, Temporary Conditions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office