Are you highly motivated, creative, self-starter, tech savvy and good at administrative coordination? The City of Markham is looking for an intern to be part of their Human Resources team as a Recruitment & Social Media Administrator. To apply, please submit your application by October 13, 2019.
- Create compelling job postings
- Post open jobs internally and externally on various recruitment/social platforms
- Leverage online recruitment tools/platforms to generate interest and increase candidate pool
- Research and identify new social media and candidate attraction options
- Use the applicant tracking system to screen applications against requirements.
- Schedules high volume of interviews and testing using scheduling application
- Prepares and sends out offers of employment and tracks the return of offer letters and new hire documentation.
- Responds to inquiries and provides status updates to applicants, staff and internal clients about positions and the selection process.
- Prepares new employees lists for orientation and driver training.
- Captures employee activities on video and edits for recruitment advertising and use on social media
- Looks for opportunities to streamline recruitment administration leveraging technology.
- Uses google analytics to determine the success of job postings on external platforms.
- Assists with reception duties and other Human Resources administration or initiatives.
- Ad hoc projects
- Create meaningful employee videos and appealing imagery for a variety of social media channels in support of the talent acquisition strategy
- Facilitate online conversations with candidates to continue building a strong and authentic employer brand and candidate experience
- Monitor and report on social media KPI’s and analytics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain monthly social media content calendars, including an optimal posting schedule
- Support with research regarding emerging industry trends and audience preferences
- Assist with the development of internal photo library across all teams in the organization
- Manage, update and monitor LinkedIn, Indeed and external City Career site
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources preferred. A certificate, degree or diploma related to Social Media/Marketing/Communication would also work.
- Some previous experience within recruitment or administration would be an advantage but not essential
- Tenacity, initiative and drive balanced with flexibility and adaptability
- A keen creative eye and demonstrated social media skills
- Eager to learn the latest emerging technologies and trends in social media and an ability to put them to use (and show others how to)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organization skills, sense of urgency, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities, in a fast paced changing environment.
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example.
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that the Human Resources office is a scent free environment.
If you are invited to an interview, please refrain from wearing or using scented products.