The City of Markham is a dynamic and change-oriented leader among Canadian municipalities. The recipient of multiple environmental awards, we are recognized for our innovative, sustainability and urban planning initiatives as much as for our fiscal accountability. More than 320,000 residents call Markham home and benefit from our rich heritage, culturally diverse environment, vibrant local economy and focus on quality of life.
Applications are now being received for the above position in the the Fiannce - Planning and Budgeting Department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze and review all financial information included in reports with financial implications.
- Assist in the research, analysis and recommendations, via analysis schedule, written reports and PowerPoint presentations, for financial plans and special projects undertaken by the City.
- Provide financial expertise to support business units within the City.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget in accordance with the financial policies and guidelines.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improvements to existing procedures and systems.
- Finance or accounting degree
- CPA designation/MBA or in the process of working towards it
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change and Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates working effective relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behavior and accountability, aligns with City values, and bides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management and Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example.
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.