The City of Markham, an award-winning municipality with more than 353,000 residents, is Canada’s high-tech capital and most diverse community, enjoying a rich heritage, outstanding community planning and services, and a vibrant local economy. Committed to being a model of public service excellence, with a workforce that is representative of the population we serve, we are looking for people who share our values and are champions of innovative practices. Diversity is one of Markham’s strategic priorities, and we strive to develop and maintain an environment that is inclusive and creates a sense of belonging for all.
Applications are now being received for the above position in the Operations Department, Community and Fire Services Commission. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online by April 11, 2021.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data entry of work orders and worker performance
- Meeting minutes
- Organizing daily work orders
- Updating corporate systems.
- Track contractor invoicing and performance
- Deal with daily resident inquiries
- Work with and coordinate efforts with different internal departments.
- High School diploma plus additional accounting courses (more than three months);
- Minimum of one to three years related experience, preference given to experience in an operational office coordinating work.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction
- Creative and critical thinking skills necessary to develop working and efficient systems for busy operations department, etc.
- Well-developed MS Office skills with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new computer software programs
- Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
- Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
- Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
- Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example
The City of Markham is committed to inclusive, accessible and barrier free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of the community we serve. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier free hiring process.