The City of Markham, an award-winning municipality with more than 355,000 residents, is Canada’s high-tech capital and most diverse community, enjoying a rich heritage, outstanding community planning and services, and a vibrant local economy. Committed to being a model of public service excellence, with a workforce that is representative of the population we serve, we are looking for people who share our values and are champions of innovative practices. Diversity is one of Markham’s strategic priorities, and we strive to develop and maintain an environment that is inclusive and creates a sense of belonging for all.
We are pleased to be named one of Canada's Best Employers for 2022 and the best City employer by Forbes for the second consecutive year. The City of Markham is ranked in the top two for Government Services and 15th among the 300 employers on the list, advancing from 18th place in 2021.
Applications are now being accepted for one temporary full time position of IT Quality Assurance Analyst in the IT Services Department, within the Corporate Services Commission.
Temporary Full Time Position (1 year contract): Reporting to the Lead, Applications you will work as part of the Application Development and Support team being responsible for testing of applications to ensure they meet functional and non-functional requirements and are of high quality. This position is a 1 year contract position, specifically focused on our recreation/booking and City wide POS software replacement. This is a critical city wide initiative that is in progress. The successful candidate would be expected to step in quickly and hit the ground running. The role will include the analysis of complex business and technical requirements and specifications, active involvement in the creation of test strategies and plans, development and execution of automated and manual test cases and scripts as well as communication of test results and outcomes to the relevant stakeholders (ie. IT project team, business unit, vendors etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to established procedures for quality assurance and implements test automation and performance framework, including processes and procedures
- Performs testing activities of assigned project(s) which include but not limited to, development of test strategies and execution ensuring the highest level of quality
- Works with IT Business Analysts, Project Managers and Application Development team to review and understand project requirements (ie. functional and non-functional (technical) requirements) to help develop test strategies and plans
- Conducts analysis of business requirements, functional specifications and technical design identifying gaps and providing feedback
- Defines automated and manual test plans
- Coordinates, creates, executes and maintains test scripts to ensure quality is achieved
- Writes and executes detailed test cases based on business and technical requirements and reviews with project team
- Identifies, records and documents actual test results, defects and works with project team, business unit, vendors to correct and re-test to ensure alignment with requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- 5 Years of related experience
- University or College degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong knowledge and skill in the automation of web-based and service oriented software through an established framework
- Strong knowledge and skill in conducting performance testing
- Demonstrated skill in performing proof of concept (POC) demonstrations
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed business requirements and design deliverables to create test cases including mapping test cases to specific requirements
- Highly skilled in writing and execution of complex SQL statements
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with testing and quality assurance tools
- Experience in the municipal government or public sector is an asset
- Experience with project management software is an asset
- Experience with in the municipal government or public sector is an asset
Service Excellence: Meets or exceeds service standards when interacting with customers in the community and in the organization.
Change & Innovation: Responds positively and professionally to change and helps others through change.
Teamwork & Relationship Building: Interacts with others in an inclusive, collaborative and respectful way that creates effective working relationships.
Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional and respectful way; demonstrates active listening.
Accountable & Results Oriented: Demonstrates ethical behaviour and accountability, aligns with City values, and abides by relevant policies and legislation.
Management & Leadership: Demonstrates self-management, professionalism and engagement; leads by example.
The City of Markham is committed to inclusive, accessible and barrier free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of the community we serve. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier free hiring process.
The City of Markham has established a mandatory vaccination requirement for staff related to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, should you be a successful candidate for a position with the City of Markham you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon a conditional offer of employment. Should you require accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights policy with respect to your vaccine status, you will be required to disclose that at the time of conditional offer so that an accommodation can be developed prior to your start date.