Building Condition Auditor
The successful candidate will be assisting the Sustainability and Asset Management Department in the Corporate Services Function.
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Building condition assessments;
- Development of a new life cycle inventory for facilities a per the City standards;
- Updating the current life cycle database including facility AutoCAD drawings;
- Perform cost estimations;
- Assist in project management for a variety of projects and
- Prepare various reports and presentations as required.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A skilled newcomer with a Bachelor’s degree or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last three years;
- Post-secondary university degree in a related engineering discipline and at least 3 years’ experience and knowledge of construction techniques and practices is desired;
- Registered as an Engineer In Training in the Province of Ontario;
- Strong clerical, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office software (WORD, Excel, Outlook and Access);
- Excellent organizational & information management skills;
- Self-directed and motivated and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Adaptable and flexible to meet needs as they are determined;
- Ability to maintain, protect and work with confidential information;
- Excellent oral, writing and presentation skills.