We are a fast-paced trading company involved in the importing and exporting of bulk frozen food commodities.
This position requires a person who truly enjoys and wants a career in logistics. You are capable of taking full responsibility for each shipment from start to finish with a sense of pride that each shipment has been completed.
You see problems as challenges that the logistics desk has to deal with regularly and enjoy learning from the experience and finding the solution.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinating all aspects of ocean Imports and Exports between suppliers, shipping lines, custom brokers, trucking companies, and final customers to ensure shipments arrive in good order and a timely manner
- Preparing and organizing all required documentations in order for goods to move from supplier to customer and complying with USA and Canadian import requirements
- Creating and maintaining up to date charts, tracking and tracing of all shipments to be shared with both suppliers and customers
- Communicating with suppliers and customers to resolve issues and problems
- Follow protocols already set in place to reduce unexpected event
Qualifications and Skills:
- Good understanding of logistics procedures for ocean imports into both USA and Canada
- Strong work ethic and considers this position a career, not a job
- Take ownership of the Logistics desk and accept responsibility
- Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish; good communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with changing priorities, and respond to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with others and independently with minimal direction
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be flexible and able to multitask
- Creative problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel with general computing skills
- Minimum 2 years ocean logistics experience required with a minimum of 1 year to USA and Canadian markets