We have an exciting opportunity to join a passionate multi-disciplinary award-winning team charged to make a difference. We are digitally transforming the core urban development review process enhancing our award winning solution called YorkTrax to support planning-related decision making across several departments.
The team is strongly-customer oriented with members empowered to impact the design and delivery of functional requirements. The team works in quick iterations using a collaborative approach with the techniques and tools best suited for solving challenging problems. With customers across all departments of The Regional Municipality of York, process metrics and outcome reporting (like housing supply estimations) are critical to support policies and decisions.
We are looking for a team member with strong SQL Server and Power BI skills to help publish and visualize data from different perspectives. A communicator who can illicit specific business requirements to help display data and identify trends. You are well-rounded, curious, motivated, professional and communicative. You have experience in supporting users and troubleshooting technical issues. You love brining data to bear on real world problems and strive to create and sustain quality data. You respect diverse perspectives and realize that teams get work done.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• You will be a first line of response for users, troubleshooting issues, identifying problems and recognizing new requirements that may need to be addressed. You will be the voice of the user in the development team and the voice of the development team for the users
• You will support users by creating Power BI (and other platform) dashboards, by extracting and modeling data in the corporate data warehouse – at times pulling data from multiple platforms (e.g. Salesforce, SQL, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
• You will bring your data management, modeling and visualization to bear on urgent issues facing our residents and shaping the way York Region and its nine municipalities grow
• You will work independently and in small cross-functional teams, and may lead or contribute to various elements of YorkTrax.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a college diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, plus five (5) years of pertinent experience including project implementation and database management.
- You have demonstrated experience in visualizing data, creating dashboards/reports based on non-technical descriptions and mock-ups. You enjoy helping users and getting them to master a new skill. You have a proven track record in data warehouse modeling and creating views to support reports, and working across multiple technology platforms (e.g. SQL, Salesforce, SharePoint).
- You understand ideation, implementation of a minimal viable product, and have a general grasp of project planning and current technology trends. I
- deally, you have subject-matter knowledge in one or more areas: Planning, Finance, Health or Transportation.
- Any accreditation, such as Entry Certificate in Business Analysis, Agile Analysis Certification (both from IIBA) or Professional in Business Analysis (PMI) is noteworthy but not required.