WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Coordinator, Insights & Analytics
The role of the Insights and Analytics team at Blue Ant Media is to monitor and report on Canadian audience engagement trends for all domestic Blue Ant brands and platforms (spanning linear broadcast, print, social, digital, and OTT platforms). This role includes - among other things - developing comprehensive data-informed audience profiles as well as perspectives on the competitive media landscape.
The Insights and Analytics team supports the needs of several Blue Ant business units including Marketing, Sales, Programming/Content, and Corporate Administration.
Reporting to the Head of Research, the Coordinator will be required to data-mine, navigate raw data, and generate insights for ad hoc individual projects, as well as contribute to larger team initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a results-focused individual with a natural sense of curiosity; desire to learn; and a passion for generating and sharing data supported insights and knowledge. This role will require a high degree of flexibility, motivation, and an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare and maintain regular reports that track audience performance and trends for internal distribution.
- Respond to requests - primarily from Sales Reps - for ad hoc broadcast, print, or digital data analysis/data mining.
- Mine existing databases to identify, develop, and maintain audience profile information for several Blue Ant brands.
- Maintain rotations, audience estimates, and rates in broadcast sales proposal system (Reppak). Liaise with Sales, Programming, and Traffic departments to ensure inventory and rate cards are optimized.
- Monitor the public domain for relevant news, developments, and information pertaining to evolving media usage trends and advertising effectiveness. Maintain and populate shared domain with relevant material.
- Troubleshoot research database or software issues. Liaise with research/system suppliers as necessary.
Experience & Qualifications
- University or college education
- 1-2 years minimum relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, with specific emphasis on Excel (spreadsheet manipulation) and PowerPoint (presentation set-up)
- Hands-on experience working with and manipulating data as well as setting up and/or maintaining spreadsheets
- Strong communication skills with an ability to turn numbers into stories
- General knowledge of the advertising-sales business model as well as a basic understanding of media planning and advertising
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is essential
- Some experience working with media research tools would be an asset (e.g. Infosys+, Nielsen Clear Decisions/PMB, Google Analytics, comScore)
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.