WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
If you’re a savvy web editor with deep knowledge of the latest digital trends who’s brimming with fresh ideas for engaging cottage-themed content and who knows how to create the perfect s’more, there might be a spot for you at our campfire!
Cottage Life is an award-winning, multi-platform, outdoor lifestyle brand that spans web, print, TV, and events. We’re looking for a clever, innovative digital editor to develop and publish content on our website and social channels as well as contribute to wider brand initiatives.
- Write, assign, and edit high-quality digital content, including articles, photo galleries, and infographics
- Craft highly clickable headlines, descriptions, and calls-to-action for all content, including video
- Merchandise site content to drive strong page and video consumption, including mindful placement of related content widgets, embedded links, and use of tags
- Run frequent pitch meetings with editorial team, overseeing the development of strong article ideas
- Build and maintain a network of subject-matter experts and freelance writers
- Contribute to social media strategies and keep the team up to date on current best practices for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Oversee the strategy for and the deployment of weekly newsletters
- Collaborate on and help execute branded content and marketing campaigns
- Closely manage our digital production schedules and oversee the execution of large cross-platform editorial projects
- 7+ years of digital editorial experience; people management experience a strong plus
- A palpable excitement for digital media and an innate interest in new industry trends
- Proven track record of driving engagement with content, notably video-based content on site
- Ability to work with larger team, modelling best digital practices and implementing effective strategies for use of content across platforms; management experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of the outdoor lifestyle and leisure category, with a particular interest in cottage and camping culture
- Strong understanding of social media and how it contributes to the success of web audience/engagement metrics
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Deep experience tracking digital performance using Google Analytics as well as managing an effective SEO strategy
- Experience running email campaigns using Mailchimp or equivalent
- Extremely strong editorial skills, from substantive to copy editing
- Experience with Photoshop or equivalent preferred
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.