WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect. Are you one of us?
Blue Ant Media has an opportunity for a self-motivated General Accountant (GA) with strong initiative and good judgment, to provide support within the finance department. The GA will report to the Controller.
The successful candidate will be able to organize and accurately complete a variety of assignments in a fast paced environment.
Blue Ant Media has four business segments, and multiple revenue streams within each segment. The company has expanded rapidly in the past few years, through both Canadian and Global acquisitions. These acquisitions cover a broad spectrum of the Media world, including TV, Social Media, Video on Demand platforms, International production houses, print magazines and Consumer Shows.
The Company operates under IFRS and consolidates companies in eight different currencies.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations, monthly accruals and journal entries within multiple functions.
- Assist with the preparation of corporate financial statements including the notes to the financial statements.
- Reconcile the fixed asset schedule and own the fixed asset module in Netsuite.
- Post Production Timesheets in Netsuite.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
- Assist with the month-end close process and help create efficiencies.
- Coordinate with external auditors, including process walkthroughs, supporting schedules, follow-up questions.
- Assist with the day to day activities of the Finance Department, ensuring timely and smooth financial operation
- Ad hoc accounting projects to utilize financial systems to create efficiencies and support the Controller
Key Qualifications & Experience
- A CPA Student looking to move from public accounting to industry, or an existing GA with 1-2 years of experience
- Strong understanding of consolidation principles, including foreign exchange.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze data
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Willingness to work effectively both independently and on a team.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.