WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
I.T. Support Analyst (6-Month Contract)
Blue Ant Media’s I.T. team is seeking a confident, upbeat, and reliable individual geared up for an entry level role of I.T. Support Analyst. The role of I.T. Support is “the face” of I.T. whose primary responsibility is to ensure solutions are implemented.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all technological inquiries for all staff in our Merton street head office. Additionally, taking into consideration out international offices, this role also provides the opportunity to work with and support our international teams.
The successful candidate would leverage their technical knowledge and experience to provision effective solutions to business-critical problems. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be a keen problem solver who constantly strives to provide the highest quality customer service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Proactively provide timely responses and effective solutions to:
- Helpdesk requests through web ticketing portal
- Direct email requests and inquiries
- Direct face-to-face requests and inquiries
- Flexibility to provide remote support for multiple international offices
- Make reasonable judgments, based on analysis, whether issues need escalation within I.T. team and/or involvement of other business units and stakeholders
- Configure, troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and deploy Mac and Windows systems, mobile devices, printers, and miscellaneous peripherals
- Provide support and training on Mac OSX, Windows 7, Windows 10, and business specific applications new and existing as required
- Assist in administration of end user accounts using Active Directory and G Suite
- Physically setup and track desk phone units and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues with Wi-Fi, LAN, and business specific networks
- Perform miscellaneous incidental duties as required
Experience & Qualifications
- College diploma or University degree in the field of Information Technology OR a minimum of 1-2 years of equivalent work experience in a role similar to I.T. Support
- Heightened prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to translate technical concepts into user-friendly terms
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with natural drive towards providing high quality customer service
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills with constant desire to learn
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Natural ability to establish and maintain good customer rapport
- Perform well under high pressure, fast-paced, work environment
- Consistent ability to ensure job is done well on all sides and in keeping service standards
- Demonstrated ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of computer networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN, etc.)
- Experience with Cisco switches and protocols
- Knowledge of Cisco firewalls
- Windows Servers 2008 R2, 2012, 2016
- Proficient with Mac OSX
- Knowledge of VMware
- Experience with FTP server management
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task a variety of functions while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.