The DevOps Automation team, of ECI Networks, is accountable to design, develop, test and deploy Customer Automation Solutions. We offer Professional Services, and partner with our customers to develop solutions that are custom and tailored to their environment and tools suite. This career opportunity involves working within a software development team to create custom Tools that range in functionality from Test, Detect, and Remediation of Network Services & Devices.
The successful candidate will aid in the rapid development of small applications that will be used by various Customers within their operations that perform surveillance, testing, engineering and provisioning activities.
- Partner directly with customer to understand and document solution requirements.
- Ongoing learning of new network and technology capabilities and business processes that will be required to deliver expected solutions.
- Establish and develop tool architecture to enable rapid tool development that can be modified and re-used to meet evolving customer needs.
- Develop tools in appropriate programming language to integrate and meet customer requirements
- Develop and comment well structured, optimized and modular code
Computer Engineering, Systems Design Engineering, Engineering, Computer Science
The ideal candidate will be required to have minimum working knowledge in:
- MSSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB Server
- PHP & MYSQL, Unix Shell, PERL, Python, and JAVA
- Strong CentOS, Fedora, and Redhat Linux & Microsoft operating system skills
- Knowledge of Software Engineering, UML and Software Life Cycle models
- Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline
- Self Starter, strong documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently, in an AGILE environment
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, 40 hours/week, Toronto
- Work start and finish times are flexible
- Overtime may be required, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work from home