We are passionate about building software and all that we strive to be as a company. We focus this passion through accountability, collaboration and trust to create cohesive teams that deliver high quality product to our customers and their users. If those statements strike a chord with you, then come join us and see your career accelerate.
NexJ Systems provides innovative customer-centric enterprise solutions for Financial Services. Top tier financial firms chose our products and we’re breaking new ground every day pioneering new products in new verticals and emerging markets all over the world.
You’re a great fit if:
- You’re driven to succeed and ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- You work well in a collaborative team with a strong sense of ownership
- You are fascinated with large systems and would like to change the way people look at enterprise software
As an Application Developer, you will have the opportunity to use your technical and communication skills to perform software analysis, design and development using NexJ’s state-of-the-art model-driven framework.
This position requires a highly-focused, technically skilled individual who has been exposed to the latest methodologies of software development. A strong desire to accelerate your career by working in a high growth, fast paced environment, with the confidence to be a key contributor on an energetic and driven team, is essential.
Key requirements include:
- Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree with software development experience from co-operative work terms and internships
- Strong object-oriented programming and design patterns experience
- Knowledge or experience of the SDLC using Agile Scrum development
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
- Understanding of web services technologies such as WSDL/XSD, SOAP and REST.
- Understanding of enterprise messaging technologies such as JMS and WebSphere MQ
- Familiarity with application server technologies such as WebSphere and JBoss
- Strong communicator with demonstrated confidence
- Customer focused with a high degree of professionalism
- Solutions focused with a track record of taking initiative to find the best ideas
- Willingness and experience working within a flexible and collaborative team environment
- Familiarity or experience with Financial Services organizations, such as Wealth Management, Life Insurance, P&C Insurance, Investment Banking and Retail Banking is an asset
- Ability to be client-facing, either on or off client site