Cheme is a boutique engineering consulting firm that designs custom equipment, systems and utilities involved in the manufacturing of drugs and vaccines. Our clients include both well-known, multi-national pharmaceutical companies, as well as niche firms in the life sciences industry. We have also been involved in projects in related industries (food, nuclear and cosmetics).
Cheme was founded in 2006 by 5 engineers with the philosophy that expertise in engineering should be paired with exceptional service, regardless of client size or project dollar value. Our commitment to quality and service has remained constant over the past decade as our team and client portfolio has undergone significant growth and change.
We solve our clients’ manufacturing challenges, so our team is involved in process design, construction /contractor coordination, and commissioning and qualification of various types of equipment. Our clients trust us to listen to their priorities and provide tailored solutions that respect their budget and unique limitations.
We are looking for a draft-person to join our team. If you share our values in providing quality and service, enjoy working on multiple projects at once and making a difference in the world of health care, we want to hear from you!
Who you’ll be working with:
As our 3D CAD and Revit Specialist, you will be supporting the efforts of the entire engineering team and reporting directly to the President of the company.
What we’re looking for:
Cheme is looking for someone who is highly proficient with 2D and 3D AutoCAD, preferably with experience working in Revit and BIM projects. In addition to being a great draft-person, you should also be passionate about contributing to a successful and efficient working culture. Our young and growing team of engineers need someone who can lead the drafting duties on projects, as well as continuously grow the drafting competency of each member of the team. The company’s leadership team require someone who enjoy team work but has the ability and confidence to think independently.
Our new 3D CAD / Revit specialist will:
- Prepare drawings including, but not limited to, P&IDs, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), 2D equipment Layouts, 2D & 3D piping layouts, isometric drawings of piping and equipment.
- Manage CAD libraries of titleblocks, blocks, and other relevant specification files (Plant 3D project files, plot configuration files) for P&IDs, PFDs, layout drawings associated with each client.
- Prepare and manage Revit and BIM environments on projects where necessary.
- Train interns, junior engineers, new employees and other members of the team on AutoCAD and other drafting software when necessary.
- Responsible for more advanced drafting responsibilities and providing expert guidance to the entire team.
- Committed to continuous advancements of his / her drafting skills to ensure the company drawings are completed to industry standard.
- Field / site work such as site walkthroughs, As-Built drawing verification, commissioning support may be part of responsibilities from time to time.
- Manage internal instrumentation and the calibration program
- Be our go-to office technical support when it comes to computer/ email / server issues. Be the liaison between our busy team and external IT contractors (you don’t need to have all the answers but will know when to pick up the phone to call the right person to solve the problem)
Our new 3D CAD / Revit Specialist has:
- A college or university degree in related fields, or work experience as a draft-person.
- Experience working in AutoCAD preparing P&IDs, electrical drawings, equipment layouts, 3D isometric / piping drawings
- AutoCAD Plant 3D knowledge / experience (important)
- Revit, MEP Revit, BIM experience (preferred).
- Understanding of construction, engineering or architecture industry through working with another AEC firm (preferred).
- Comfort working with IT infrastructure (server, emails), computer hardware, IT troubleshooting (important).
- Experience using Adobe Suite tools such as Illustrator (bonus).
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities; comfortable with fast paced environment and tight deadlines (they sometimes happen!)
Where you are now
You are an ambitious, self-directed new grad, or skilled new comer, looking for a challenging position that requires not only technical abilities, but also leadership skills. You are not afraid of learning fast, and learning on the job. You could currently be employed as a designer at architecture or engineering firm and you are looking to take on more leadership responsibilities and more variety in your work. Or you may be working for a construction firm managing/supporting the BIM models but would prefer a smaller work culture where your role and contribution have a more discernable influence on the project and the organization.
What will your career path look like?
As you settle into the role and the team, we expect that you will keep up to date with changes in technology and find opportunities to continuously advance your skills in drafting as well as other skills that are pertinent to our success. As our company grows, your responsibilities will grow with it. In fact, we encourage you to identify new responsibilities that contribute to our success. It is epxected that in the future, you will mentor and supervise other drafts-people or junior engineers.