Purpose of the position
To process customs entries based on the commercial documents and release instructions in our system. To provide filling support in terms of scanning and uploading documents to the correct transaction.
- Process data entry for LVS & HVS customs entries
- Enter the correct value for duty and tariff treatment codes
- Review customs documentation for mandatory information prior to processing
- Communicate in a professional manner with internal and external customers
- Other duties as requested
- Supports organizational commitment to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Perform assigned tasks to support Panalpina meets its objectives and targets regardingquality, health, safety and environment as documented in IMS and follow all requirements as set out in the QHSE policy.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability/Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment,supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate openly and confidently
- Effective listening
- Team player
- Ready to take personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Time management (monitoring performance against deadlines and milestones)
- Act in accordance with Corporate Values and fully adhere to the Code of Conduct
- High stress level (Ability to work under pressure and deal with tight deadlines)
Educational background / Work experience
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) Designation, an asset
- Post-Secondary Education in International Trade or Logistics preferred
- 1 year of freight forwarding experience, an asset
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- Secondary language (an asset)
- Knowledge of Imanet system, an asset
- MS office, basic software skills
- minimum 60 wpm keyboarding skills with a high level of accuracy