Job Title: Junior Developer
Purpose of Job:
The Junior Developer is accountable to the Vice President Development for participating in the full software development lifecycle of applications and integrations by providing programming skills to develop and maintain portions of multiple systems, as directed by Intermediate and Senior Developers.
Reports to: Vice President Development, Direct Reports: None
1. Develops sub-routines or portions of objects/processes to support functional specifications/business requirements into technical specifications and logical system processes by evaluating different approaches and technologies, in order to propose elegant technical solutions
2. Designs and develops portions of applications under the guidance of senior and intermediate developer adhering to best practices in programming and testing to produce well-structured and commented code.
3. Participates in developing enhancements and performing maintenance on existing applications and in order to address deficiencies and performance concerns as directed by senior development staff.
4. Participates in developing unit tests, test scripts and data to support test protocols in order to deploy to staging.
5. Supports functional testing by executing unit tests against modified code to ensure correct execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, College computer related certification or 1 - 2 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to follow process, instruction and company guidelines
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adopt new technology
Working Conditions – work is performed in a comfortable office environment
35 hrs/week; frequent work interruptions and tight/unexpected deadlines
Mental Effort – Frequent need to concentrate on a variety of sensory inputs for lengthy durations of time requiring diligence and attention to interpret effectively (undertaking analysis, participate in meetings, technical troubleshooting, programming)
Physical Effort – Majority of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about; almost continuous periods of keyboarding
Key Contacts: (Internal)
Position/Deptment/Unit Reason Frequency
VP Development: Clarify project prioritization As required.
Senior Developer: Receive subject matter expertise on system design and translation of requirements into codable function. Daily
Project Owner: Provide progress updates, issue reporting and feedback on viability of design. Daily.