Look Good Feel Better is the only national charitable organization helping women and teens manage the appearance related effects of cancer and its treatment.
Perhaps the most challenging thing about a cancer diagnosis is not the disease itself, but the loss of identity that comes with it. The disease robs a woman of her sense of self, both as a human being and, more specifically, as a woman. For over 25 years, Look Good Feel Better has offered a supportive health care workshop in over 100 hospitals and cancer care centres across Canada. Along with global program partners in 26 countries, LGFB is providing women practical tools and techniques to help restore a sense of self and renew a feeling of womanhood, however these women choose to define it.
Overview of Role:
The Program & Operations Associate is responsible for a variety of administrative duties in support of the delivery of the Look Good Feel Better program, as well as the professional support to the Executive team and members of the Boards at Look Good Feel Better. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, professional environment while taking charge of all scheduling, communications and administration in this office The Associate will report directly to the Director, Finance & Administration while also working closely with the President and CEO on specific projects. The Associate is a strong team player, supporting all functions of the organization.
LGFB Program Delivery (60%)
- Liase with warehouse to ensure receipt of product as per donor commitments
- Maintain inventory for supplies, manage supplies purchasing/ donations to fulfill inventory
- Interface with LGFB staff (including Regional Managers), to monitor feed-back and comments on workshop product kits
- Provide back-up to the 1-800 line, responding to inquiries from participants and general public
- Maintain and administer volunteer onboarding process including availability of positions, coordinating reference checks and training schedules and ensuring volunteer in added to database
- Maintain and administer volunteer milestone recognition program
- Provide Salesforce support for regional team and volunteers as required
- Place shipping orders with warehouse/transportation vendors to ensure timely delivery of workshop kits across the country
- Support the VP, Programs and Marketing as required for special projects and activities • Working with program team, ensure workshop host site information is up-to-date in database including contact and shipping information and tracking expiring dates of site contracts
- Assist with the development and delivery of new initiatives and undertake special projects as required
Executive & Office Support (20%)
- Provide administrative and office management support to all members of the executive team, as directed
- Maintain work schedule and calendar of the CEO/President
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for executive team
- Coordinate logistics of office activities including executive meetings team meetings, special projects, and events
- Receive visitors for the executive team, presenting a positive and professional image of LGFB
- Order and maintain office supplies and coordinate office activities.
- Troubleshoot and/or escalate office administration issues.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail
- Manage vacation and office-wide shared calendar
- Complete expense reports
- Data-entry and basic book-keeping for invoice tracking and processing
- Prepare and review presentations and documentation for board and executive meetings
- Other duties shall be assigned as required
Governance & Committee Administration (20%)
- Schedule, coordinate and support meetings of the Board of Directors and Sub-Committees. Confirms dates/availability of committee members. Distributes agenda and other meeting documents. Provides administrative support during meeting as needed
- Act as a corporate secretary; direct communication with Board of Directors and their designates
- Prepares minutes and maintains an effective bring-forward system
- Coordinate logistics of board meetings either on-site or off-site
- Coordinate meetings for Program and Marketing Advisory Groups, ensuring meeting details, agendas and presentations are prepared and distributed
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Post Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, required
- 5-7 years' experience in an Administrative/Executive assistant role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Understanding of databases (Salesforce)
- Detail Oriented, proactive person, effective in prioritizing tasks
- Experience working in teams, with volunteers and with diverse communities
- High level of accountability to goals, teamwork and following best practices
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem solve and exercise sound judgement
- High degree of confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Proven organizational and time management skills
Considerations to note:
- Valid Class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle with an ability to travel within the region and throughout Ontario would be considered an asset
- Ability to work nights/ weekends and manage physical labour as required for donor activities or events
- Ability to speak/write French considered an asset
- Office Location: Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue East