Passion. Drive. Excitement. Collaboration. Fun. Challenging. Inspiring. These are just some of the words you will experience when you join our team. MakerKids is a trendsetting global children’s technology organization in with locations in Toronto and Ottawa, and plans to have locations across the nation and internationally.
MakerKids is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Growth Marketer Manager to lead marketing efforts, growth marketing and conversion rate optimization to increase MakerKids’ community of families. Your work will be imperative to driving the top line of the entire company.
The GMM will be instrumental in working to advance the MakerKids brand in our local markets, and eventually around the world. From the development of game-changing marketing campaigns with creative excellence to establishing and propagating best practice makerspace Marketing, PR and Digital Marketing strategies and tactics, the GMM will establish the infrastructure and operations to deliver efficient and impactful lead gen and member retention initiatives. This role will decide where and how to spend incremental marketing dollars for the most impact. You will implement growth strategies and demand generation through all marketing techniques at your disposal, including SEO, content marketing, as well as paid digital channels (paid search, email, affiliates, display and paid social). You will use agile methodology and generate reports and evaluate performance as compared to the goals, in order to adjust and revise marketing strategy as necessary.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a proactive and talented person who has a passion for changing the world through children’s technology learning. You get excited about data.
- You have a unique blend of creativity and analytical thinking. The ideal candidate for this position will be entrepreneurial and independent but also incredibly effective at collaborating with cross functional partners. They should be curious and comfortable taking informed risks and testing hypotheses.
- This is a fast-paced environment and the right candidate is hands-on, looking to rise to the next stage in their career and has the leadership skills to do so. In this cross-functional role, you’ll learn a lot and will have the chance to try new things on many different channels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish growth strategies to support MakerKids’ revenue goals
- Set and implement strategies to grow qualified, profitable external traffic to our products and services, maximize sales and revenue, and meet other business objectives through various marketing strategies. You will also test new MakerKids services in different verticals.
- Own the budget, measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) using systems like Google Analytics and compare them to marketing goals. Document all marketing initiatives, and track costs in relation to marketing initiatives. Supply monthly reports and financial analysis regarding marketing business conditions and strategy effectiveness. Build KPI tracking into tactics; utilizing the data received + research to support conclusions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting. Lead campaign design and build to test ad copy, landing page, bidding, and audience targeting to find opportunities to drive incremental growth.
- Recommend the suite of tools, technologies, automation and processes necessary for scaling our marketing efforts. Identify and test new customer acquisition opportunities to improve performance and/or reduce expenses, with a drive to rapid growth in new customer acquisition.
- Lead the go-to-market planning and execution of new offerings. Responsible for staying up to date on emerging trends and technologies in the digital space.
- Execute digital marketing strategies to support company sales lead generation, marketing and branding initiatives to include but not limited to the development and implementation of the following: SEO/SEM, Content Marketing, Marketing database campaigns, Web/online survey campaigns, Multiple call-to-action landing pages, Social media engagement, Webinars, Video marketing, Electronic brochures and interactive sales aids, Multimedia presentations, Digital ads (display, banner etc.).
- Build, optimize and scale effective SEM campaigns and experiments globally across multiple search engines.
- Manage and oversee email marketing platform and initiatives, including mass marketing email communications
- Focus on MakerKids’ brand and differentiating message, our market and buyer personas, competitive analysis and industry analysis
- Develop and execute methods to gain additional exposure for MakerKids and generate inbound links through targeted PR campaigns, guest blogging and expert profiling and interviews
- Develop and execute to nurture both prospective and active customers through automated workflows in CRM systems and other marketing automation platforms
- Discover, research and analyze the effectiveness of past, present and potential marketing tactics. Use keen insights to stay on top of market changes and identify opportunities.
- Bring campaigns to a higher standard; drive uncompromising quality in messaging and asset creation that can be developed efficiently and transcreated in different markets.
- Assist with coordination of all operational and logistics for trade shows including registration, marketing materials, display & graphics
- Assist with internal communications between team members
- Maintenance of project matrix outlining all jobs in the pipeline
- Develop and execute methods to maximize engagement and conversion of website traffic for prospective customers at all phases of buying funnel (awareness, consideration, decision). Analyze MakerKids’ conversion funnel and identify areas where new strategies can be implemented to increase user acquisition and retention. Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition campaigns
- Manage MakerKids communication plan, including PR, onboarding emails, retention emails, etc
- Conceive and execute on a wide range of content campaigns to drive education and engagement (e.g. blog posts, infographics, images, etc.)
- Manage all social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) and drive content creation
- Coordinate design and production of custom artwork with vendor/creative agencies (e.g. graphics, window graphics, car wraps, etc)
- Lead print advertising, digital marketing development and analysis, and social media campaigns.
- Drive marketing and PR strategies and initiatives to advance franchise development in Canada and International territories
- Forge expertise in franchising lead generation that can be utilized across company interests globally
- Perform other related duties to the work described
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in marketing or related field
- You love writing and are a great writer
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- 4-6 years of experience in a Marketing position
- Bi-lingual or Multilingual, bi-lingual a plus but not required
- Experience in the children’s technology, and/or franchise industries a plus but not required
- Experience managing marketing operations, developing creative advertising campaigns, and with lead generation and remarketing
- Experience in Social and Digital Media
- Proven knowledge of Facebook ads, Google Adwords, and other forms of paid advertising with quantifiable impact
- Strong growth track record, with samples and results of past campaigns
- Experience in growth marketing, SEO/SEM, PPC, conversion optimization, marketing automation/prospect nurturing and reporting/analysis of performance, PR/branding, content marketing
- Proven knowledge of key email metrics and strategies that can increase engagement, and systems for delivering on other digital channels (e.g. mobile notifications) including solid understanding of deliverability optimization.
- Proven experience developing cross-channel marketing plans with quantifiable impact
- Knowledge of WordPress, CRM systems, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Sendgrid, Hootsuite (or, other Social Media Management Systems)
- Deep knowledge of Excel; Hands-on familiarity with analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and various digital media dashboards like Google Adwords, Facebook Power Editor is a strong plus
- Exceptionally analytical and quantitative; drive business decisions with data and analyses Familiar with UX best practice, landing page optimization, creative optimization
- Graphic design, photography & videography
- Tech startup experience a plus.
- Past experience owning a budget and B2C marketing experience a plus
- Strong experience with digital marketing automation platforms
- Enjoy technology and the children’s learning industry
- Thrive in environments with many different stakeholders, opinions, and uncertainty
- Are creative and naturally curious
- Are patient and skilled with cultivating business relationships
- Superb attention to detail, personal organization and project management abilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (you’ll be working with diverse internal teams to bring your plans to life).
- Energetic, outgoing and & get it done approach
- Self starter, with a passion for building
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment with tight deadlines and ever-changing priorities
- Customer-centric business mentality