Canadian Civil Liberties Association is Canada’s leading freedom-fighting NGO, since 1964. Along with the ACLU, we’re part of a network of global-leading civil society groups, called INCLO. CCLA intervenes in the courts, testifies before legislatures, advocates through all media, and engages in activism and outreach across Canada to ensure that Canadians have access to justice and that the Charter of Rights and Freedoms is upheld.
Working closely with and reporting to the Executive Director (the organizational lead on fundraising and communications) and part of a small but mighty team of staff and volunteers, you are the driving force behind fundraising and communications.
We are recruiting a social-justice informed fundraiser who can provide fundraising leadership and hands-on implementation
Skills and Qualifications
You are the right candidate for this job if you are a builder - growing a fundraising program from the ground-up.
- Have previous experience working in business development, fundraising or brand development
- Have previous work experience in the NGO and non-profit space
- Have strong leadership skills
- You’re detail-oriented and have an “all hands on deck” mentality.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where there is a balance between leveraging current events while planning long-term activities.
- You thrive in an environment where every day is different,
- You’re a team player
- You can handle multiple priorities