OFFICE MANAGER / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Provides guidance and support on organizational issues and assistance to the organization's Executive Director, taking ownership of the domain of administration and co-ordination of all administrative tasks. Specific duties in fulfillment of this role are described below, in addition to such other duties as requested from time to time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities.
The office of 10 staff and occasionally a dozen volunteers has been operating remotely since March 2020. The most timely/demanding work is as Executive Assistant. Office management depends on state of pandemic; even when staff at office, pre-pandemic, the staff are fairly self-sufficient.
The Office Manager/EA administrative duties include, but are not limited to:
- managing calendar for events, media and appointment booking, time management and prioritization of high volume of appointment requests, scheduling some travel plans for ED (who has high capacity for IT and tech management solutions). ED’s schedule changes often, and media requests are managed with media staff, but his availability for media interviews requires collaboration with Exec Asst)
- communicating on behalf of the ED with different staff and board members to clearly and accurately deliver messages
- assisting with assembly of quarterly board meetings and board committee meetings
- communications triage for public requests of CCLA: forwarding emails, deliveries, phone calls from public, stakeholders and media to all staff.
- managing deliveries/mailings to and from office
- maintaining filing system for (high volume of) CCLA documents on Office 365/Sharepoint in MS Office Cloud.
- monitoring and managing office supply inventory and office equipment maintenance
- maintaining bring forward system and tracking post-meeting action items
- managing onboarding of new hires, and departure protocols
- coordinating employee benefits
- management of some expense receipts and limited bookkeeping and data inputting assistance point of contact for building management and subtenants
- tech support liaison keeping office organized and tidy, although all staff participate on this front
- Administration Diploma or other Postsecondary Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years administrative experience preferably in the professional services industry.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer and digital workplace skills including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint) and Slack; experience with a contact relationship management system.
- Customer service oriented with a demonstrated ability to fluently interact professionally by e-mail, phone and face-to-face.
- Discretion and ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Solution-oriented: rather seeking direction from ED and staff, you propose or simply execute solutions, performing work with very minimalist supervision, handling complex issues and problems, and referring only the most intractable and complex issues to higher-level staff and ED. Comfortable seeking forgiveness rather than permission.
- Decision-making and interpersonal skills.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking groups to apply.
We recognize that structural barriers shape experiences and job qualifications, and therefore we seek to use employment equity to differentiate between candidates who meet the required qualifications. We encourage people to apply even if they feel that the position would be a stretch.